Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jwluck_gw

Improved Meyer Not Improving

JWLuck
10 years ago

Hello all,
I planted an improved meyer and a bearss lime at the end of last summer (5gallons from HD). I have heavy clay which drained well due to being behind a retaining wall. I amended the soil with Gold Rush prior to planting.

Both plants survived through winter with very little watering (1-2x/month). But the lemon has progressively faltered - first it had major leaf drop starting mid-winter, which has just continued until the point you see it today - 3-5 leaves left and dying branches...

I've used citrus fertilizer about 4 times from Fall - present. 2 weeks ago I added straight iron/sulphur fertilizer recommended by nursery. I've also increased watering to at least 1x/week for the past month. I've also found some sticky substance on the failing flower buds, so sprayed with an organic anti-aphid/spidermite spray last week.

Thoughts on what ails this? I don't think its suffering from over-watering due to the fact I left it alone for most of a mostly dry winter.

One other sidenote - our yard was mega-infected with Oxalis, which may have increased acid in the soil...

Comments (2)