Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tcamp30144

Sumo tree I ordered from Harris citrus nursery!

FINALLY! It has started a growth flush yes!
Trace

Comments (24)

• tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another

Original Author
    9 years ago

And last I have fertilized the tree really good tree still have yellowing in lower leafs but for 20 bucks its an awesome tree.
    Trace

• cory (Zone 7a, NJ)
    9 years ago

Great! I Hope Mine Will Start To Flush Soon Too. I think It Has Been Trying To Adjust To MY Much different Climate. We Have Had A Cool Wet Spring. Finally It Has Gotten Warmer But There Has Been A Lot Of Rain. They Went Through A Strong Windstorm Too Which Blew Off Most Of The trees Leaves. That Has Never Happened To My Trees Before. They All Look A Little Bald Right Now, Even The More Mature Ones. Thanks For Showing Yours.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    9 years ago

Looks great trace. If you post your picture in portrait form you can get a picture twice the size as in landscape. See example

{{gwi:588305}}

{{gwi:588307}}

Original Author
    9 years ago

Yep need to work on my postings lmao.Steve
    Trace

Original Author
    9 years ago

Its really taking off now.
    Trace

• kev122
    9 years ago

Very nice trace! Will it go in the green house? My little guy is just starting to grow now. I love this time of year! Kev

Original Author
    9 years ago

No I'm keeping them out this summer greenhouse is going to be more for winter thanks yours looks nice to.
    Trace

• kev122
    9 years ago

New growth along with new flowers! Very surprised. Have been using foliage pro, epsom salt and osmocote time release, along with hot and humid weather. Good growing all. Kev.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow nice I got what looks start of tiny flowers but no bloom yet tons of new growth
    Trace

Original Author
    9 years ago

This is mine today.
    Trace

• meyermike_1micha
    9 years ago

Tracy, amazing growth!@!!

Are you feeding it and with what? Is it getting full sun and how much?
    What kind of mix are they in?

MIne are still in their original pots and soooooooooooooooo slow to grow..By darn weather just doesn't want to get hot...Tiring..I get the feeling I'll be back to fall temps by the end of July..

It was 49 this morning which sets my plants back...Arg!

MIke

Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Mike its full sun about 6hrs a day mix is 1/3 e.b stone orchid mix 1/3 e.b stone cactus mix with 1/3 perlite. I feed it growmore orchid food with 1/4 teaspoon of growmore seaweed vitamin B complex mixed with one eye dropper of vinger. I mix feed I.to half a gallon of water I feed ever two weeks and water as needed once or twice a week. I am still work out my care program but its going good so far. Orchid food is close to the make up and micronutrient of citrus food. Orchid food doesnt have some of the magnesium to fix this I added the seaweed solution. I guess you could add magnesium salt however I feel the seaweed is more controled with less chance of salt burn.
    Hope this helps I'm still learning as I go lol.
    Trace

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    9 years ago

Portrait

• Ryan
    9 years ago

Tcamp, The tree looks great. Keep doing what you are doing and it seems likely you will have some fruit next year!

I've noticed the dekopan is pretty vigorous grower, even when they are holding fruit. Everyone needs a dekopan! Good luck keep posting! Ill post some pictures of mine soon too.

• Ryan
    9 years ago

Tcamp, all of these are bought from the same place you got yours. I have a 1 year lead on you - got these 4 early last year.

Here is biggest/tallest one
    {{gwi:588312}}

Fruit get large fast
    {{gwi:588315}}

Mini Sumo Grove :)
    {{gwi:588317}}

• meyermike_1micha
    9 years ago

Ryan, fantastic job on your trees..Looking awesome!!! Love it!

What do you feed your trees? It seems to be working!

MIke

• Ryan
    9 years ago

Mike, I swear by osmocote and ironite about 60% 40%. I think its more about hot Greenhouse climate, short winter staying on top of bugs and most of all its something I love to do. Remember these are in a greenhouse :). Comon Mike, get with program - you need a Ghouse!

Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Steve for turning pic lol its your pet pea I know plop. Ryanlo your trees are amazing gives me something to look forward to.

Trace

Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Steve for turning pic lol its your pet pea I know lol Ryanlo your trees are amazing gives me something to look forward to.

Trace

Original Author
    9 years ago

Its having new growth flush yay it likes the citrus gain.

Trace

• kev122
    9 years ago

Trace, i am amazed at how fast these dekopon are growing. I think Ryan's trees have excited us all to the possibilities in the future. A greenhouse would be sweet! Well good luck all, and here is a picture of my first dekopon. Take care, Kev...

Original Author
    9 years ago

Me too I'm amazed at the speed these trees are growing. I have no fruit yet but the new growth looks like it has some flower buds in it so hopefully I will get at least one sumo for next year. I have a greenhouse for winter so we'll see how it goes. Your tree looks beautiful by the way.
    Trace