Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For Meyermike / my one little tree :-)

Posted by jojosplants 9/ Tucson, Az. (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 14 at 22:13

Mike,
Thought I'd share my little guy that hung on from last year! Hardly any care sad to say.. but you know my situation ;-) Hoping to bring it around this year! Considering the lack of care, it says a lot for the 5-1-1 mix and how great it really is!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For Meyermike / my one little tree :-)

Well, I'll be! You still have one? And from this vantage point, it still looks good...I love the positive determined attitude you have...That is what I needed these days...

Don't feel bad, I let mines go for a while but it's time to take action again with all the positive reinforcements of these people here...

Please, stick to it..We are here for you.I ,miss your pics and especially the wild life that visits your plants..

Thank you for thinking of me.)))
It's back to the refridge tomorrow for a day or two and then hopefully the warm weather will come back

Mike_-)))))

o

:-) still have 1 . I think it's in a 12" pot. Just got a splash or 2 over the winter, so glad it hung on. Now to get it going again! I try to stay determined but not always easy. Going to try and stick with it. Need to get life turned around for me .
I know your always there for me and I think of you even when not here.. I have you on speed dial now. lol...

Oh no! Cold moving back in :-( Hope it leaves in a day!!!
Adding a recent visitor for you, :-)

This post was edited by jojosplants on Mon, May 12, 14 at 16:39

o

My goodness....I am always so jealous of any anyone that can have critters like that in their yards and on their plants!

I once had a humming bird on mine, which is rare, taking the nectar out of the blossoms...It was amazing..
I let over 10 thousands Praying Mantis go last spring, and I only ended up with two adults by August and have not seen them since...
My good pal...Bud, the frog which I raised since it was a tadpole was killed yesterday:-(((
It use to croak and sing every night since last month and now everything is silient in my yard.
It would sit in my Lemon Meyer pot and now nothing.I was going to take a pic..Too late now.Maybe I'll find another.
I was just not meant to have much critters in my yard no matter how inviting I make it.

Mike

o

Love my critters :-) I don't like praying Mantis though they are mean little buggers! ROFL! I don't want bugs that attack people. lol...

I know what it's like to lose a critter and I am so sorry to hear about the frog. ;-( Nature can be a vicious cycle. :-/ The little lizard I mentioned used to snuggle up against my coffee cup in the mornings for the warmth . Missed him terrible the rest of the summer. I hope you have more frogs soon!!

One more of my visitors .. this one showed up in Feb. of this year.

o

Keep your chin up mike it'll warm up soon. Sending you some desert warmth!
 photo 2372582A-E5AC-40B6-8352-4316F0CE5794_zpsmlfw5h53.jpg

photo 119A8AA7-7E34-4079-B52E-2B7DD8628020_zps6ggeh4hy.jpg

photo AA854899-F3FB-4E1C-82F5-A2FA7512B439_zpsfju4h3vw.jpg

It was 94 degrees today and is supposed to hit 108 this Friday, I'll trade ya!!!

Evan

o

Hey, all! JoJo, it doesn't look bad at all.
Keep watering and fertilizing ;-)

Josh

o

Evan,
you can send me the lizard ! He's neat!
Do you mind me asking where your from? I've never seen any like him around here.

Hi Josh! :-)
Thank you!
It does need a little TLC!
I have started to feed and water it more. It has mint in the pot too which is very happy right now.

The only thing that saved this little tree is the 5-1-1, that's for sure!

o

Jojo, I am in the coachella valley in Southern California. That lizard is a desert iguana I believe. He's not a pet I just saw him sitting on my wall so I snapped a few pics!
Evan

o

Hi Evan..
Thanks. :-) If you had said AZ. I would be out hunting for lizards. lol.. the ones in my pictures are just visitors to my yard.. but I do have a pet gecko.

JoJo

o

The lizards are so cute! Wish I lived somewhere warm enough to have them in my yard. I do have lots of frogs here always and some turtles that pass thru. Mike, sorry about your frog :(

o

I've not been lucky enough to see a turtle yet. :-) No frogs but we do have the garden toads that I look forward to every summer. Several will end up living in my garden.

o

I just helped a turtle cross the road the other day. They seem to be out in abundance!!

o

:-) Around here it would just be the Desert tortoise, and we don't see many of them. In my 40+ years of living here I've only seen 2 .

Did find a red eared slider years ago crossing the road. lol

o

Jojo..I meant to ask you..What is in that pot with the tree that is soooooooo green for Arizona? I thought is was moss for a sec and then I though, in Arizona?, I don't think so.lol

Loving all the animal pics! I finally got one of an animal visiting my Orange tree..I will have to get a sec and post it..It's a Bullfrog sitting in the pot...You know me and frogs..They are the only sounds I get towards dusk other than the sound of waterfalls..
That Lizard looks as if he started the evolutionary process of turning into a human and then stopped..ha
Those eyes..

MIke

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here