Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kev122

kishu now available

kev122
9 years ago

Hi guys, harris citrus in fla. now has kishu mandarin trees for sale.They just posted their availability today. I ordered a kishu as well as a pixie. Very happy. I have been looking for a kishu for a while. Kev

Comments (9)

• SacramentoCanuck
    9 years ago

Congrats!!

I found a 5G Four Winds Kishu at Lowes two months ago for $50. Kinda pricey, but totally worth it. I hadn't seen one before and haven't since. It was the only one they had. Enjoy!

{{gwi:588882}}

• BarbJP 15-16/9B CA Bay Area
    9 years ago

You sure that's 5 gallon pot? Looks more like a 7 gallon, or even a 15 gallon with that rim. Because 5 gallon Fourwinds citrus are about $32.00 for a 5 gallon even at an independent nursery.

If it's a 7 or 15 gallon, you got a good deal for $50. They're usually $70 to $100 in those sizes.

• SacramentoCanuck
    9 years ago

It's a 5.5. I can't tell if it's a 2 or 3 year old tree, but either way, I paid more than the price they list it online. But without having to have paid for shipping, I think I got a deal :) Plus, it has been sold out online for months and, again, I've never seen it any any stores here in all the years I've lived here and looked (HD, Green Acres, OSH, and Lowes).

{{gwi:588883}}

• bonechickchris
    9 years ago

Harris Nursery in FLa is one of the best nationwide for people who want to add interesting and rare citrus to their collection who do not live In a citrus growing area. I was able to get several varieties shipped to me in the north east that I never saw available for shipping to my state of NJ before, I think they are one of the only citrus companies that can ship their citrus out of state. I have always done my orders with Ruth from Harris and she has been so nice and helpful (I swear i am just a normal customer, and I don't want to sound like a commercial, I am just sharing me great experience with them being a person who lives out of a citrus zone)
    I was just happy to get several rare citrus varieties that I was unable to get sent to NJ from other companies.
    And the best part is their trees for shipping are only $20-25 bucks.
    Christy

• orangelime1
    9 years ago

Kev very nice looking tree and full of fruit .Kishu is on my wish list but it's much harder here in Canada to find varieties I want . I have no choice but to choose varieties that are locally available although Home Depot here has been excellent the last couple of years bringing in a great selection from Duarte at a great price. You guys are so lucky .

Brian

• evdesert 9B Indio, CA
    9 years ago

I have been looking for one for a few months now. I am going to lowes tomorrow to see if any made into our SoCal stores.
    Evan

• SacramentoCanuck
    9 years ago

orangelime1, being a Canadian now living in California, I totally understand how you feel. I couldn't believe that people had citrus in their backyards here. I am so lucky to live somewhere where growing citrus is relatively easy.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Sac, you got a larger potted tree, for sure.
    The #5 containers are less than 5-gallon. I think you got the #7 container. A great score!

Josh

• Saorise_2013
    9 years ago

I found one at a local nursery. It was the only one there and was $39.99, which I thought was an okay price. It has been under-fertilized though but that will soon be fixed.

I don't have room so my fiance decided he wanted it and would keep it at his place. In fact, he was the one who told me to get it! We will have a jungle when we are married because of all the plants we both have. lol!

Kevin my cat is in the picture. Him and the tree were enjoying the sunny weather together. :-)

{{gwi:588884}}