Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need urgent help and advice with my Lemon tree!

Posted by PippaM none (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 21, 12 at 4:16

Hi I'm new to growing Citrus plants and I bought a Lemon tree about 4months ago. Everything was going well until the last couple of weeks. I put it outside (as it was warm about 17-20 degrees) just for during the day then I would bring it in at night when the temp dropped. It started to dropping healthy leafs so I started to water it more(watered it until water was in the tray). One day I came back and it had drop virtually all it's leafs. So I googled what I was doing wrong and it sounded like I was over watering it. So now I have not watered it for a couple of days. It now looks like it's dying and the leafs are turning brown. Please help as I have no Idea what i'm doing wrong or if the leafs will grow back? I have attached some Pics to help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need urgent help and advice with my Lemon tree!

I hope this 17-20 degrees ended in "c" not "f". If it is a meyer lemon, it is normal to drop leaves when you move it from inside to outside out in the sun. But new leaves will grow back. It looks like there are some sun burn on the leaves too from the picture.
There are a lot more plants killed by overwatering than under watering . Let the plant soil dry a bit before watering again will keep the root healthy.
You can wait to see if it recovers, or you can move it to grit mix which retains less water.

o
RE: I need urgent help and advice with my Lemon tree!

Plants don't like to be moved in and out. Lots of plants will drop their leaves if you do that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here