Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

My citrus curse has lifted!

Andrew Scott
10 years ago

So just about every winter I end up loosing one of my citrus trees, and without fail, it usually ends up being one of my favorite citrus trees! This year has been a different story though! In my opinion, my biggest victory is that not only did both of my meyer lemon trees survive, but the largest tree held on to all of the fruits that it produced last fall! All the fruits now are all ready growing pretty fast. By the end of July, I will have at least 5 or 6 ripe lemons to enjoy. The smaller tree is very small. I would say maybe 7in. tall. I bought it as a rooted cutting last year for $3 or $4 dollars. Thanks to Meyer Mike, I have become hooked on this particular variety of lemon! My large tree has all ready started putting on a TON of growth, along with flower buds. The sweet scented blooms, and the yummy fruits are what make the meyer #1 in my book. These lemons are the only lemons I can eat without having issues with acid reflux.

My 'Oro Blanco' grapefruit is also going thru a big growth spurt. This morning I noticed it's first flower buds are actually opening! This is also a top fav of mine . Last year I didn't get any grapefruits but I am hopeful that I will get a couple this year.

I will try to get some pics posted of these trees so you all can see how nice they look.

It's so nice to be back here on this forum. I have missed so many of you! Mike, Josh, Patty.... Well I hope you all are having a great year for your citrus!

Take care everyone!
Andrew

Comments (5)