Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mohammadlawati

Help Quickly Mandarin is Dying!

MohammadLawati
9 years ago

Hi,
I need fast help my tree just started showing these signs I have no idea what is wrong, yesterday I gave it organic fertilizers and watered it, and now it is turning brown very fast this is my most loved tree... help fast!

Comments (14)

• MohammadLawati
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another picture
    Is it the heat? It loves heat and only now when it is starting to cool down it shows this? what is wrong? Is it fertilizer stress? there are no problems with other trees I put more fertilizer than this and other citruses enjoy but this suffers?

• orangelime1
    9 years ago

Oh boy if it was mine and if it was in a pot I would take it out of there right away and check for drainage problems at the bottom of the pot . Soil might be saturated at the bottom and the roots might have started to rot . If it wasn't that I would wash off the soil from the roots just in case it was the fertilizer and repot in fresh good draining soil . Good luck

Brian

• MohammadLawati
    Original Author
    9 years ago

@ orangelime1 It has good drainage. I dont know maybe the fertilizer but it is organic and my lime is happy and made new leaves, this on the other hand is a puzzle I dont want it to die it is the most expensive tree I have :(

• tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)
    9 years ago

I agree with orangelime1 looks to be a root related problem root rot or root burn whatever the case is taking in to much or to little water. I would gently take it out of the pot and check the roots for rot or damage. Also Spidermites and scale can cause this. If you have any white sticky powder on the tree or limbs you most likely have scale bugs. If it's not the roots the only other thing I can think of would be scale. I would check the roots clean all the leaves by hand one by one clean all the steams and trunk with rubbing alcohol and water on a damp paper towel. If you have scale or Spidermites that will kill whats on it. Good luck with it that's the only thing I can suggest.
    Trace

• orangelime1
    9 years ago

Just like no 2 snowflakes look a like no 2 potting jobs are identical no matter how hard we try . Sometimes the soil settles differently at the bottom of the pot . Sometimes we add more soil and compact it down more than another. Sometimes the holes get blocked at the bottom .Sometimes just the way we place the roots can make a difference. There are many different reasons why one plant might do better than another. If it was mine I would be very curious to see what was going on below the soil line. It sounds to me you have nothing to loose if you feel your going to loose your tree.

Brian

• MohammadLawati
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi guys thanks but it is in the ground in excelent draining soil, the best draining spot I have and the sunniest... it is inground also not in a pot. It did well for 4-6 months in that spot. Help I don't want to lose it :(
    I dont think its scale, it was okay the day before yesterday then suddenly it became brown and started wilting. Today it is the same as yesterday but with a little more browning at the edges of the leaves.

This post was edited by MohammadLawati on Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 4:22

• MohammadLawati
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Man things are going bad now my pakistani mulberry is wilting...
    I think it is the fertilizer now

• evdesert 9B Indio, CA
    9 years ago

What is the NPK ratio on the fertilizer you are using? Is this a new type of fertilizer that you are using? Looks almost like there is too much magnesium possibly.
    Evan

This post was edited by evdesert on Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 14:06

9 years ago

Well if you're near the woods could be an animal urinating on it. I still say container or in ground you should check on the roots.Do soil test at very least could be underground pest I'm not sure with in ground trees. For it to have a turn around that quick has to be animal urinating on it or some kind of chemical pour on it. Maybe your gardener or neighbor sprayed a chemical on it accidentally and doesn't want to tell you it could be anything like that. Trace

This post was edited by Tcamp30144 on Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 0:55

• MohammadLawati
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yeah new fertilizer
    Here is a pic

• MohammadLawati
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No no no one is urinating there... XP
    It happened when I added fertilizer but it needed it im confused

9 years ago

meyermike_1micha might can help email him has to be the fertilizer and I don't know how to reverse that.

Trace

• evdesert 9B Indio, CA
    9 years ago

Is it a timed release or water soluble fertilizer? I think you said you fertilized and then watered in and because you said the edges showed the first signs of damage that leads me to believe it was over fertilized. If that is indeed the case I would flush with water to try and dilute the fertilizer over the next couple days and see if that helps.
    Evan

• MohammadLawati
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yeah guys did flushing the soil alot and the symptomps seem to slow down. Thank you guys that was very helpful I freaked out a bit heheh that was my prized jewel it is rare to find good mandarin in our stores so I bought this expensive tree which came from a war zone from Syria along with that pakistani mulberry which is crazy they both got affected and my other trees are loving it XP