Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can someone identify this lemon?

Posted by callisto744 none (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 10:44

http://imgur.com/a/BcQ2B

I just rescued this lemon from Walmart a few days ago. It seems to be doing okay.

I was just wondering if there was any way to identify what variety this is. The tag simply said "lemon."

Also, that's a one gallon pot. I want to get a bigger pot. Would a 3-gallon suffice? I'll be moving soon and I will put it in the ground when that happens, but it will have to be in a pot for a while longer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can someone identify this lemon?

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 15:38

Walmart got lisbon or eureka lemon cant remember which one. they also got Meyer and variegated pink.

is the nursery tag still on it. The big tag with pictures is just the walmart marketing tag. The nursery tags are small 1/2 wide strips with markings on it. It will say what type it is.

3 gallon is fine.

Mike

o

Take good care of it; and when it starts to put out new growth, new flowers, and new fruits, we can give you a much better guess of what kind of lemon it is; but you probably won't know for certain until the first fruit matures.

o

ah, it says it's a meyer lemon. cool!

o

What good luck! Once you know the Meyer, no other lemon will ever be good enough for you.

o

This is awesome! I live in NYC, I wish I could find a walmart that sold citrus! Where in the USA are you?

o

I got 4 citrus from a super walmart here in Baltimore. The " fruit cocktail"(the lime died on me too), varigated pink lemon, eureka lemon, persian lime. All but the surviving meyer lemon(from the double pot)have had flowers(a few).

o

I got 4 citrus from a super walmart here in Baltimore. The " fruit cocktail"(the lime died on me too), varigated pink lemon, eureka lemon, persian lime. All but the surviving meyer lemon(from the double pot)have had flowers(a few).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here