Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oops, I did it again!

Posted by denninmi 6A SE Michigan (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 11:22

Went back and bought two more of the on-sale Monrovia citrus standards, a Dancy and a Satsuma. These were a little pricier, ended up being $49 each on sale, 30% off the regular price.

So, that now means I have my previous ones, a large Trifoliate orange, a standard Washington Navel, a shrub form kumquat, a bush form lemon, two smaller oranges from Lowe's 50 cents on the clearance rack 4" pots, and now a new lemon and two new C. reticulata.

Stop me!!!

I still want that grapefruit tree! And I was sorely tempted by a variegated kumquat they had for $90 but it wasn't part of the sale lot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oops, I did it again!

Which Lowes did you find them at?

o

Sorry, this wasn't Lowes. It was a local place here in Detroit called Telly's. Didn't mean to mislead, apologies.

o

• Posted by chills Zone 6b Mi (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 11:20

Telly's is mighty tempting...

How big is your trifoliate? I've got a couple in the ground and they've taken 3+ winters so far. none of them have fruited for me yet (which I am considering a novelty, not a good source of edible citrus).

My new citrus addition this year is a finger lime. I even got it from a michigan source. (and it is certainly not hardy here. its going to add to my part-time outdoor plants and come inside when weather requires. It will join my Meyer Lemon, bamboos, figs, passifloras and many other plants)

off topic (slightly). My persimmon fruit are developing nicely (though the fruit drop a month ago worried me). There appear to be about a dozen this year (maybe more) after last years 3 fruit I consider it a plus). The Cudrania has evidently gotten mature enough to start fruiting (or maybe they're flowers at this point) as something is forming along branches..though not many and this is its first year doing so.

hope your summer is going well.

~Chills

o

$50 for a citrus tree??? Ah your in Michigan. I guess Ive been kinda jaded here in So Cal. I forget sometimes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here