Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
acyaman

meyer lemon help?

acyaman
10 years ago

Hi, I have these two meyer lemon trees i grew from seed two years ago. They seem healthy, but I know very little about them and how to go about maintaining them. This is why I've turned here for help.
I have moved them into 12" pots recently and they seem to have taken the move with very little shock, thankfully. One before moving it into the last pot I had I experimented by trimming the roots thinking it would keep it smaller. This one has produced many small branches and seems to be growing outward rather than upward. It's about a foot and half tall. It seems to be growing much slower than the other one i have.
The second tree I never trimmed, and just left it to grow as it is. It's growing straight up and is about 4 1/2 feet tall now and continuing to grow. But it hasn't made any new branches. Just the one shoot. The leaves it's making are big now too, like 7 or 8" long. Thiis one has a lot more thorns too.
My question is when can I expect it to flower? And is there anything I should be doing to keep it from growing too large. I'd like to keep them potted because of the zone i am in. Should I be trimming the growth of either of these? I can post pictures too. I'll try to put those up here today. Thanks, and if anyone has any tips I am all ears.

Comments (4)