Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andreoilin

Meyer Lemon Troubleshooting

andreoilin
9 years ago

Hi Folks!

My mam recently brought home a small meyer lemon tree in an 8" pot in unknown soil - I'll try and attach a photo. We've had it for about three weeks now; it spent the first week in partial sun and we gradually moved it into more light, and now it enjoys full sun and warmth on our back patio. I'm going to repot it into a 12" pot but I wanted to see what it needs before going ahead with that, as it seems a bit unhappy; the leaves are curling down a bit and turning yellow, and the small fruits are turning yellow and falling off. It gets a lot of attention as we are always out on the patio, so when the soil feels dry about 1.5" down, we water it. We also haven't let it stay out in the cold - there were a few chilly nights where the temperatures dropped below 55 and we brought it indoors.

I haven't a clue what sort of soil or food the poor thing needs. What I have on hand is potting soil, peat moss, cactus & succulent soil, and our own compost. I assume it needs some food specific for citrus plants - what should I get? Is it salvageable?

Thanks so much for any help!

Comment (1)