Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikemastercorp

Anybody looking to exchange/share seedlings?

mikemastercorp
9 years ago

Hi guys,

It is my first run/stop in this forum and I have learned so many things about the citrus trees that it was more than inevitable to want to start growing one on our owns. I had so far a small success cloning a few cuttings in an aeroponic DIY system and/or directly in soil so I decided to search for anybody that is willing to share a cutting or so so that everybody can get/exchange his citruses and increase the varieties at home and/or in his/her garden.

For the moment I have Eureka (Ponderosa) lemon as well as Improved Meyer lemon cuttings that were planted in soil with root hormones and are fighting to start their own life but as far as the cuttings were cut from a small commersial tree, the chances are probably less than 50/50.

For now I see the Eureka have grown a few tiny leaves, but for an unknown for me reasons the growing have just stopped (3 leaves for 2-3mm width and 5-6mm height) that came out of the main stem but are hanging down now and no activity at all. I wish to think that this is because of an extensive work on the root system but who knows.. I used an organnic potting mix to stick the cuttings after soaking them in Clonex root hormone and placing them in a tray with humidity dome. I was very happy to discover leaves on the Eureka, but now when there is no acitivyt, I think I might have killed them or smth.

So is there anybody that is willing to share some cuttings with others (anything can be valued like lemons, oranges, kumquats, tangerines, grapefruits etc.) Of course the shipping expences (if any) would be covered. I am sure this way we all can have lots of trees growing on instead of just paying 30-100$ for a tree that is grown from a same sort of cutting but within a few months and is grown in most of the cases in a warm and humid sollariun or farm-house and would need to be hardened to grow in our own spot...

Oh, btw, I am also having a Buddha's hand citron so as soon as I figure out why it does not produce any branches and/or more leaves but appear very healthy, I would be able to share with anyone looking for one of those...

Comments (3)