Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Avacado tree stressed

Posted by missv4227 florida (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 18, 14 at 13:30

My avocado tree seemed to die but came back with new growth on the trunk not the limbs. Is this a good thing or not? The tree grown from seed, is about 15 years old twenty foot tall and has never had fruit. Will this stress force the tree to bear fruit or should I just give up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Avacado tree stressed

This is a citrus forum. You are better off posting your question over on either the Tropical Fruits Forum, or the Fruits & Orchards Forum :-) Avocados grown from seed can take over 20 years to fruit. Stressing will not necessarily force the tree to fruit, and, if there is not an A or B tree to assist with pollination (you won't know if your seedling is A or B unless you know what to look for in the flower), or, if you don't have other avocado trees nearby, you may never get decent fruit set.

Patty S.

o
avo

You need to graft the tree or it will never fruit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here