Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njhate

indoor citrus

njhate
13 years ago

I am interested in getting an indoor orange tree. I already have a Valencia cutting that i got from stark bros but i was looking for something else that would do good in North Idaho, being an indoor plant of course. I was wondering what types of oranges i should get that would do well and produce oranges? I am only 19 and a college student so time to produce is not an issue but price is. thanks!

Comments (83)

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago

I agree with Mike! :-)
    The 5-1-1 is the real workhorse at my house.

Slower growing succulents and woody plants are grown in the Gritty Mix, which is
    quite pest-free during the winter. I opt for the Gritty Mix when I need to exert
    greater control over moisture levels in the mix.

Outdoor plants thrive in the 5-1-1 - ferns, oaks, conifers, maples, citrus,
    vegetables, et cetera. And when the harvest's done, or when it's time to re-pot,
    the 5-1-1 makes one of the best soil amendments for the garden and flower beds.

Josh

• mandarin1
    13 years ago

LOL! NOW you tell us?! (Just kidding). So Mike and Josh, are your very favorite respective 5:1:1 formulas the original, or a modified one (such as substituting pumice for peat, etc?) Do you mind sharing your #1 favorite mix(es)?

As a newbie, I'll add that 5:1:1 is much easier to make! Mike, do you use 5:1:1 in part because of the dowel? Do you still use the dowel for the 5:1:1?

I tried the 5:1:1 bark/pumice/perlite on a very wilted Meyer lemon tree today. I let it go extremely dry due to the fungus gnats - too dry. Ended up adding some turface - just seemed to need to hold a little more water. It's a happy tree now...I can't get over how fast the trees acclimate to the new media.

Do you bring every plant to the sink every time you water? It's hard to keep from making a mess when the water runs out so fast and I have to keep emptying the plastic saucers underneath...

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

For "my" needs, I have to say I favor the 5.1.1 mix..
    It is the original.....5 parts bark, 1 part peat, 1 part perlite.

The gritty mix, original, is a much better choice for "plants"..It takes forever for this to breakdown..But it also takes great practice in watering....Many have no problem at all, but it is just my personal preference..

I use a wooden dowel every winter in any mix I use..I don't trust my watering habits, and I never will..Sort of a safety net..lol

If you use a watering can with a sprinkle head, you won't run into water running out so fast..I have never had a problem with this..
    If you use a cup or other product that just pours the water into the pot, then you will see the water run out quickly...

I put my plants needs before mine, sometimes..So I take the step to use structured mixes that break down slowly and stay very porous and allow the roots to breathe..Ones that allow good gas exchange and no room for fungus gnats or salt build up, and no PWT..Therefore, although it may be a bit of a pain to get the watering just right in the gritty mix, the best for my plants needs, or have to water more often, or to empty the saucers out from under the pots, it is the sacrifice I am willing to make for luxurious and healthy happy plants...:-) That is why many are in this mix.

But I am not always willing to make this sacrifice, so therefore I turn to the 5.1.1 mix.But this mix still out performs any bagged mix I have ever bought,

This is a fact, the more often you have to irrigate your plants , the healthier they will be..If I had the time to plant in a mix that affords me the opportunity to water every single day, like let us say straight bark, I would, but my schedule just won't allow it..:-(

So this will have to do, and my plants seem to accept this..No rebellious buggers yet...

Mike

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Oh yes..

Here are a few threads you will like..
    I wanted to do a little research for you, and to have a thread that some of us could reflect on..You too will notice some of the threads go back a bit when I first starting using them..Enjoy..

The link at the bottom though makes you appreciate the time and effort put into these combinations from Al..

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg121636291001.html?36

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg040920465852.html?7

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg0420303432441.html?1

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg031731476191.html?4

Here is a link that might be useful: Great thread about the

• njhate
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So, looking back at what you guys said, I think i may have made my mix wrong. I ended up using a 1:1:1 ratio of the pine bark like josh suggest, the gravel that I posted a picture of and perlite. Was this correct?

Also for fertilizer I got osmocote indoor/outdoor fertilizer, is this ok and/or should i add gypsum or something else?

here is the picture of the trees now, with the mix. the tall funny looking one in a tango mandarin, looks funny, I know :)

Nate

Here is a link that might be useful: mix

13 years ago

Nate,
    I think it'll work fine for now. Monitor moisture levels - you might opt for a light
    layer of bark mulch on top. And don't put the trees in full sun exposure right away.

You will probably want to assemble a few more ingredients for your next re-potting.
    Pumice is something that I really like - and now I have Turface, as well. I always
    keep a look out for good bark...and I buy extra when I can.

Hopefully Mike or others can give you pointers on the gypsum. If you do add gypsum,
    you'll want to use epsom salts when you fertilize.

Josh

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Nate, there is nothing wrong with using variations of the basic mix.
    As Josh says though, I would watch for moisture levels..I have a feeling your mix will dry out to often to fast, because you have not added anything to sustain moisture such as "turface" or "pumice"..

As long as you are educated about drainage, porosity, structure of soil, PWT, how to avoid pests, when to water correctly, gas exchange in the root zone and so on, you have a much better head start about being successful in growing anything in a container, especially in the cold months.YOu are getting the hang of it and the main points..:-)

As for gypsum, sometimes I do and sometimes I do not add it in my gritty mixes unless the fertilizer I am using does not have Ca. I should, but I am testing to see whether I still need to while using FP....
    When I do add gypsum, I make sure I use epsom salts..When I do not, I don't use ES..
    So far, the gritty mix plants without gypsum, seem to be doing fine while using FP..We'll see. If not, then I will scratch in gypsum and start using ES..

The fertilizers I use already provide Ca and Ma...FP and the CRF "Osmocote Plus".

If you do use gypsum, use epsom salts for Ma to balance the Ca. The most favorable ratio of Ca to Mg is about 4 parts Ca to 1 part Mg.
    I would add a 1tbsp of gypsum per gallon of soil (when you make it) for Ca and add 1/4 tsp Epsom salts to each gallon of fertilizer solution -

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Nate, please excuse my spelling errors which happen quite often....
    I am always typing faster than my brain function!!!!Not to say I am in a CONSTANT state of head pain and brain tired. No matter how many times I check my spelling, when I come back later and read my posts, I still find a spelling mistake! Arg....Time for a vacation

In fact, I took a big notice when re-reading my posts, that I was talking about Ma at times,when all the while have meant "Mg....

I am and always will refer to Mg when talking about the gritty mix with Ca...

Sorry,,,,

Mike

• mandarin1
    13 years ago

Mike, thanks so much for all the info and links. Had a lot to absorb today, but it was both informative and fun! Potted my 4th tree today, 1 to go. At this point I'm using 3 different new growing mediums, not sure I want to leave it that way because I might put the epsom salts in the wrong pot! And yet, it's tempting to see how they might compare in 6 months. We'll see, I'm so tired of washing ingredients that I'm avoiding the kitchen (don't want to do the dishes!)

Al's story was wonderful, you can tell he really loves what he's doing!

• njhate
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Mike,
    Frequency of watering is not too much of an issue with me, I am alright with having to water every other day but i think i need to get my hands on some pumice or something.

And mandarin, I feel your pain, I feel like I have wasted time and material throughout this learning process lol. Oh well, now I have more reason to buy another tree so I can do it right from the start ;) so mike, I know you using ucitting from logee's, how long do those take to flower? I am trying to find a tree with a good fruit to eat or juice and I also kind of what to compare the cutting to a graft.

Nate

PS If it wasn't for spell check, my posts would be just about undecipherable

• mgk65
    13 years ago

mike:

If you were to use Firefox 3.6 (the latest version) it underlines misspelled words as you are typing.

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

I wish I knew how...I have a new Mac, and do not know to even use most anything on it..Taking classes next week though..

Thanks..

Mike..:-)

• njhate
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It looks like there is not mg or ca in my osmocote indoor/outdoor fertilizer. I have checked some of the local stores and cant seem to find epsom salts or gypsum, maybe I am not looking in the right spot...

Also couldn't find any pumice. Am I going to have to order all this online?

And does anyone know how long the cuttings from logee's take to fruit?

thanks,
    nate

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Nate, in case I missed it, where the heck do you live?

Any hardware store, big box store, sometimes pharmacies carry these products..

If you are willing to pay the shipping, I will ship you some gypsum and salts..:-)

For me, mine most fruit as soon as I buy them, in a 2inch container. I ahve a few ponderosa lemons, grapfruit, lemon meyer, and lime, that have all fruited within the same year as buying them in a 2 and 4 inch pot..Yup..

Let me know..If you only need a couple of small bags of both, I would gladly ship you what you need..I have a 25 pound bag of ES, and all the gypsum to boot. I would share.

• njhate
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Mike,

I leave on a mountain about 100 miles from the Canadian border in North Idaho lol. I was just looking in the plant section at like lowe's and homedepot, so maybe i am not looking for the right thing.

If i can't find any i may have to take you up on your offer :)

I think I will buy some cuttings then, I am getting out of control ;) I was skeptic on whether or not the 2 in pots would be worth is but they sound good now. I think i may pick up a red rio or oro blanco grapefruit and a lemon possibly .

Nate

• mandarin1
    13 years ago

Nate, for gypsum try Home Depot or your local garden center - try "Espoma" as a brand name because everybody seems to have it, but it's not necessary to use Espoma. Espoma comes in relatively small bags. Epsom salts are usually found in the drugstore, like CVS or Rite Aid, but any drug store should have it. People used to soak their aching feet in hot water and epsom salts. Maybe we should do the same, right?!

Yes, I've made a lot of mistakes, and I'm tired (but happy) so I decided not to re-pot my last tree until I'm good and ready. I wanted to think about what medium to use, wash and screen enough of everything in advance. Can you believe the wind blew the last tree over today, it came out of the pot and the soil was all over the patio? Maybe it wasn't the wind, maybe the tree had a tantrum? LOL, so much for choices! (Sigh) I want an Oro Blanco too - no more room... hey Mike, can the Oro Blanco grow entirely indoors or should it go outside like the mandarins?

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Just let me know and I would be happy to send you some..

Usually in the fertilizer section you will see gypsum..I get mine made from Espoma..

Epsom salts are pretty much everywhere..Most nurseries carry it. Also drug stores do for soaking feet...

Just let me know, and do not let anything stop you from getting your plants and using an awesome soilless mix, ok.

I will help

Mike

• njhate
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I think I will be good on the items, i have a feeling i am just not looking for them hard enough, thank you for the offer though.

Just bought two cuttings from logee's, one ruby red cutting and one meyer lemon :)

• njhate
    Original Author
    13 years ago

ok Mike I went and found the gypsum today but didnt get it since I dont think I have enough room to store 25 pounds haha. But i did find a citrus feed that has ca and mg in it but the contents is only 3 5 5 so i figureed i could use a mix of that and the osmocote indoor which was be a little high in nitrgoen anyway.

I couldnt find any pumice in small quantities but i was thinking that since i needed something that retained moisture, that I could add in the original citrus soil that holds water too well. so i will do that and let you guys know.

On a final note, I went to Home Depot today and i figured I would look at general fruit trees but I was looking at apple trees and I found these moro blood orange trees in 3 gallon containers! It took all I had not to buy one lol

• mandarin1
    13 years ago

My 1 year old Lime tree went to that citrus grove in the sky...I heard when people said how fast the top couple inches of gritty mix dries, noticed it myself. I heard Josh say he puts bark on top as a mulch. I was going to do that but after I re-potted the other trees, wasn't sure I had enough bark. I used the dowel and there was moisture but not on top. The small tree had a small, shallow root system. The other trees are doing well so far although I have my eye on one of them....that's another subject. They're in the 5:1:1 (pine bark, peat, perlite). It makes a beautiful soil!

Notwithstanding that, Nate, are you sure you want to put soil in your mix? Can you find Turface or some of that NAPA floor dry? It holds more water than pumice. Are you making 1:1:1 or 5:1:1? Maybe you should try 5:1:1 if you can't find the ingredients to the gritty mix?

I did put one tree in a 5:1:1 with Mike's help - used pumice instead of peat. I thought it wasn't holding enough water so I added one part turface. I think that tree is the happiest one I have right now.

• njhate
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I was making 1:1:1 with pine, perlite and granite gravel. I noticed it drained water too fast and lost a lot of leaves off my mandarin tree. Mike and Josh mentioned that I needed something that held more water and I thought that since the original potting soil held too much water by itself that I may be able to do like a 1:1:1:1 mix.

That being said, I think I may try the 5:1:1 mix soon since all I need is the lime and moss. However I have no clue where to buy the lime where I live much less what it looks like in the store, I had that problem with the gypsum :) haha.

• mandarin1
    13 years ago

Nate, same company as before, Espoma, also makes the lime in smaller (5 pound) packages. But it doesn't have to be that brand. It may be called Lime,Garden Lime, Dolomitic Lime...mine is not in powder form, it's looks like little grey beads or chips, some are crushed but anyway...

I'm not in any position to give advice about modifying anything but yes, I did something similar with 5:1:1 and used pumice - felt it needed to hold a bit more water so I added Turface and it seems OK so far (fingers crossed). It's a gritty-type of mix. BUT for me the "original" 5:1:1 turned out to be simpler, and in my opinion, less risky introduction into this new school of container culture. It has a wonderful feel and texture and drains well while holding enough moisture.

My concern about using soil in a 1:1:1 is whether it could end up as mud at the bottom of your pot. Mike and/or Josh will hopefully comment on that soon. Maybe it's OK...

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Modifying the 1.1.1 mix with "soil" would not be a good idea..

Beacause the smaller soil particles will settle at the bottom and hold way to much water 1/2 way down the container.

Nate, do you have acccess to a parts store, a grain supply store, a landscaping buisness, hardware store, or nursery?

The mix you mention of perlite, branite, and bark would not even hold enough moisture for my plants up here.

Let me know, ok..:-)

Mike

• njhate
    Original Author
    13 years ago

mike,
    even though i live in the middle of nowhere, a town of 50,000 is not that far away so i can get pretty much anything. Since I am not working today I am going to go grab some peat moss, i believe that is the right kind, and some lime. I think I am just going to make the 5:1:1 mix not. The amended mix was a bad idea lol. The water raced through it and flooded everything.

Lime and the moss shouldn;t be too much to buy so I think I can make the mix with 5 parts bark, 1 part perlite and 1 part moss, correct?

13 years ago

(Correct!) ;)

Josh

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Nate, YOU WILL LOVE this mix..

Just make sure you use the appropiate ratios..

I personally still strain my bark...I also strain my perlite...There is lots of dust in both.

The only small particle of anything I want in my mixes is the peatmoss, and 1 part is all I want.

Then add 1 tablespoon of lime for every gallon of mix you make ok...To bring the pH from around a 4.0-4.5 to around 6.0-6.5, what citrus love..

Like I said, I love the gritty too. I have no problem making it. I just made a lot for my succulents, cactus,agaves, and aloes yesterday that I spared from death from Lowes.....I even use it on many citrus..Once you get use to using the gritty mix, you don't turn back..It is virtually impossible to over water in this stuff, depending on how much turface or granite you add and the particle sizes, and for me, my wooden dowels I keep on hand for the much bigger pots...

But the 5.1.1 mix is great too!

Please Nate, once you make your mixes, or pot up, take pics. I would love to see what it looks like..I will post some pictures tonight of mine ok..Come back by tomorrow morning..

Mike

• njhate
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Also, what do you guys think i should do as far as fertilizing, like how often and how much of each? I have the osmocote indoor/outdoor one that is the slow release with a 19-6-12 ratio but no ca or mg and this one called jobe's organic citrus with a 3-5-5 mix but include ca and mg. should i combine the too and feed it or do the osmocote every few months and the other one every watering or what?

thanks,
    nate

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Nate, that osmocote DOES have Mg in it..:-)

As for the Ca and Ma thing, I wouldn't worry since the "lime" will provide both Mg and Ca once added to your 5.1.1 mix..

Nate, use the fertilizer you have, but sparingly. I use according to the label instructions on the "osmocote" and I only use in the spring and summer. I scratch it into the mix or prepare my mixes with it mixed in..

Is the organic one a kind that you scratch into the soil, a powder, granules, or water soluable? What is weird is that that Jobes citrus fertilizer would be so lower in nitrogen content?

• njhate
    Original Author
    13 years ago

haha good to know that it has mg in it. I will mix in into the 5:1:1 mix when i make it later today :)

The jobes mix is a granular fertilizer and soil amender. I am not sure if that is the reason why the nitrogen is so low because everything I have read says that citrus like lots of nitrogen, who knows.

So with the 5:1:1 mix, how often do you have to replant?

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Nate,

Since I have many plants going on a couple of years or more in the same mix, and they still drain beautifully, also are growing remarkably, I haven't bothered until they start to get root bound.

I don't like my plants to get rootbound, so depending on that, is when I transplant.

I have yet to transplant because the mix collasped.LOL

I really can't answer that....Sorry...

I suppose it depends on the particle sizes you start with most of all, then maybe your enviroment, and cultural habits might play a role, not sure.

As for the fertilizers,

The granular fertilizer concerns me. I wouldn't put more than one kind of CRF in my mix at once..You can use a water soluable as a compliment to the osmocote..

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Oh by the way Nate,

So far so good on the "osmocote" and my soluable fertilizer!
    My plants are thriving since my using osmocote began..

I love the stuff now, and here I was so afraid to use anything but FP at once..

• njhate
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Is the water soluble addition needed or more of something unecessary but helpful? I think I will just use the osmocote for now my citrus trees and use the jobes citrus and see how my banana tree handles it. For some reason, that banana tree is doing wonderful in the catcus miracle gro soil, maybe it will like the jobe's too haha.

Nate :)

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

I think some plannts are water pigs..lol

I know my banana tree was, that is for sure..lol

I think you can grow those in mud..lol

Mike

• njhate
    Original Author
    13 years ago

haha I think it is growing in mud, thats essentially what the soil has turned into.

Maybe I should just buy more bananas to use up the rest of the soil lol Or maybe not, my tree collection is already to the point of where I don;t know how i am going to have enough room for them in my apartment next fall lol

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Hahahah...

Wait until you try to even find room for them come fall. And then the few you already had have probably tripled in size..lol

It is aggrivating, but funny at the same time...

Then to fiqure out which one you think deserves the best spot in the house, your only sunny window..lol

Pray for a slow summer will ya Nate..:-)

Mike

• njhate
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well at this rate the growth will be minimal. The high for today barely reached 50 degrees lol. It should be better by Weds though. Here are my plants "partying outside" very temporarily haha.

Here is my Moro Blood Orange

http://photos.gardenweb.com/garden/galleries/2010/06/moro_blood_tree.html?cat=container_gardening

Here is my cutting of a Valencia Orange

http://photos.gardenweb.com/garden/galleries/2010/06/valencia_orange.html?cat=container_gardening

Here is the tango Mandarin I picked up from Lowe's. It is really weird how tall they let it grow with no branches.

http://photos.gardenweb.com/garden/galleries/2010/06/tango_mandarin.html?cat=container_gardening

Lastly my muddy banana tree :) I figured out it is a water sucker so it looks like I am going to have to wait a while for fruit. :(

http://photos.gardenweb.com/garden/galleries/2010/06/dwarf_cavendish_1.html?cat=container_gardening

These all have the 5:1:1 mix with the small nugget bark (strained), perlite (strained) and sphagnum peat moss. I also added a tablespoon of epsoma garden lime to each gallon on mix as well as the appropriate amount of osmocote. All done, i think :)

Nate

• buylady
    13 years ago

OMg Mike i hope you can find me it won't let me post to either of those threads rather just a mess. or post pics so i'm goin to try here heres hoping:::
    {{gwi:594205}}

{{gwi:594206}}

{{gwi:594207}}

• mandarin1
    13 years ago

Sorry to back up a bit - I e-mailed Miracle Gro for information about their Osmocote Plus. They weren't enthusiastic for the potted citrus because it hasn't yet been tested for pots or edible plants. They recommended their Osmocote for indoor/outdoor but of course that has no minors. Putting minors in the time release isn't necessary - there are other ways to provide them - but I think the idea is good.

I couldn't find a source for Dynamite time release for citrus, even on-line. Lowes.com's Garden Club Palm & Citrus (which I read here may be manufactured by Florikan - same as Dynamite?) is not in stock locally (no surprise) and I couldn't order it. I was fortunate to find someone at my local Lowes who has been literally working on this for days - she found 2 small containers in Florida and is having them shipped here.

Also, I've been using a product for years called "Root Blast". Added it when I planted anything at all, indoors or out, and when re-potting. Never really looked at the ingredients until now: Ca, Mg, Sulfer, Boron, Copper, Iron, Manganese, Sodium, Zinc, and NPK. You can add it 2x/year and so this is apparently a time release. I don't know what amounts of the above "minor" ingredients are good for citrus, but the amounts are listed on the label. If anyone's interested they can go to www.rootblast.com. The label also says that information on the "contents and levels of metals" can be found at http://www.aapfco.org/metals.htm I was putting time released minors in my plants and didn't know it! They advertise using this on pots and edibles...

• zecowsay
    13 years ago

I've found Dynamite in the strangest of places. I called every store around here trying to find it, everyone told me "no, but we have miracle gro." I ended up ordering it online for the longest time. Then one day I took my mother shopping and we were in a dollar store. Don't remember the name. But either way, down some random aisle sat Dynamite All-Purpose and Dynamite Palm & Citrus. Have no idea why a northern New York dollar store would have a Palm & Citrus fert but they did. I ended up buying a couple.

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Here is a couple of places I have actually ordered from..And you are right zecowsay, you wouldn't believe the stuff you find at the dollar store, even the dynamite which I saw last year...Crazy!

http://www.yardlover.com/dynamite-palm-and-citrus-plant-food-2-lb

http://www.dynamiteplantfood.com/

• cebury
    13 years ago

OMG Dynamite "Palm and Citrus" even.... at the dollar store.

• cebury
    13 years ago

OMG Dynamite "Palm and Citrus" even.... at the dollar store.

• cebury
    13 years ago

I even reloaded the page, in a different browser window, to verify I hadn't posted -- and it doesn't show up until I re-post. Gotta love GW....

• cebury
    13 years ago

Mike,

The reason Nate's Jobes fert is 3-5-5 is maybe it's the Organic product (he didn't mention that in the title of his fert). It's probably this one: Jobe's Organic Citrus Fert

I bought several bags for my in-ground trees when they were on a very good sale + rebate at Ace Hardware last month.

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Hi cedbury! Thank you for the link and comments..

I will take a look and read...Hope you have a great night and see you soon..

• njhate
    Original Author
    13 years ago

cedbury, yes the fertilizer i got is the organic one, i just forgot to mention it. Do you have any suggestions on how i should use it?

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Hi Nate,

Just wanted to say that Cedbury, I think from the above comments is using this stuff for in ground plants..

I wouldn't use it for container citrus...Unreliable if organic in your pot..

Take care and have a good summer off from school...do you have ny recent pictures of your tree. I would love to see it..

Mike

• njhate
    Original Author
    13 years ago

cedbury, yes the fertilizer i got is the organic one, i just forgot to mention it. Do you have any suggestions on how i should use it?

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Nate, sorry I offered my help..

All yours cedbury..:-)

Mike

• njhate
    Original Author
    13 years ago

haha sorry mike. i left my computer open and went away overnight. i came back and the post a comment screen was still open! so when i clicked to go away it must have posted again. that was purely incidental. I am sorry, almsot funny how it happened though :)

I have some other platns that could use some fertilizer so i will let those have the jobe's

As far as pictures, i haven;t been home much recently and i am leaving for two weeks to go to wyoming but i have a few hrs tomorrow where i will try to take some. I left the plants outside the last two days since it was warm enough finally. It got to like mid 90's i think so my morro blood dropped a leaf but I got them watered and happy again :)

Nate