Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbmiller824

Meyer Lemon Tree concerns

mbmiller824
9 years ago

I'm new to growing citrus. I have a Dwarf Meyer Lemon tree that I bought about 6 months ago from a nursery here in Dallas. So far the tree has done well and has 4 golf ball sized lemons, as well as some smaller ones. The tree hasn't really seemed to grow much though and the lemons seemed to have stopped growing as well.

It is probably important to mention that about 3 weeks ago there was a misunderstanding with the guy that was cleaning up the flower beds and for some reason he took the tree out of the pot and planted it in the flower bed, my mom noticed almost immediately and had him put it back in the pot, I assume using the soil from our flowerbed (I wasn't home during all of this). Oh and I had fertilized the tree about a week before all of this happened.

So I have several questions. Is the tree in the right size pot for its size? Should it still be tied up like that, or should I remove some of the ties? And lastly should I repot the tree in the same pot with different soil? I avoided doing it before because I was afraid 3 moves in such a short period of time would really stress the tree.

Thanks so much for any input! This is my first lemon tree and I'm pretty lost. I've tried to look through the forums but I can't seem to find any clear answers to my questions. Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner