Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
keylay_gw

Lemon Tree - Leaves curling - Most likely overwatering

Keylay
10 years ago

I finally got my lemon tree nice and green and a tropical storm came over Orlando and it has rained here for about a week straight. Normally, the area drains the water out, however, with the amount of rain we are having it pools around the tree. When it stops it takes about 30 minutes for the water that pools to go away. However, the rain has been crazy. High winds, and just a downpoor.

My tree is about 4 years old and has been in the ground for about a year and a half. The leaves from the bottom to upper middle are turning yellow and curling on themselves. They are curling the length way not the with way which is weird. Towards the top of the tree there are a few parts that are still perfect green. I am thinking it is overwatering since the rain is the only thing that has changed.

The tree has about 35-40 lemons on it. All are green and have been holding on in these winds. I haven't lost a single lemon.

Is there anything I can do because I cannot stop it from being watered, but the rain lets up about every 12 hours and I can get out there and do stuff.

Thank you in advance!

Comment (1)