Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP!!! My Grapefruit Tree is very sick.

Posted by dgv1372 Florida (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 9, 13 at 17:14

I am a new homeowner and I do not know the first thing about citrus trees as I am from Northern Ohio. I can send other pictures but the tree has a green mold on it with white spots and has lost a lot of its leaves. I do not believe this tree has had much care in a while. Where do I begin. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Dan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP!!! My Grapefruit Tree is very sick.

Here is another pic of the trees leaves and branches.

o

Another pic

o

I would prune out all dead limbs to get the clutter out of the tree.so to see what you got. Tap on the bark where the whit spots and mold are and tap where it is not. If it sounds hollow you have a problem, but if it is firm then the mold and white spots are harmless. Ny guess it is starving for fertilizer and just needs feeding. Remove any crossed branches and brances that aim back into the center and or cross. It wont die tomarow so wait to see what other have to say

o

dgv1372

I was hoping for more advice to this thread than myself. this response should bring it back to the top for more visibility I am growing kumquats and I would like to know what might be a problem fore me in the future and I can be knowledgeable.

KUMQUAT MEIWA 2013, 02-03 B photo 7b515116-0907-46c2-95c2-84fafd24c083_zpscc02f9b0.jpg
KUMQUAT MEIWA 2013, 02-03 C photo 81d0f274-17a1-4dfe-aa11-bc1460bbf8fa_zps4d1babe2.jpg
KUMQUAT MEIWA 2013, 3-20 B photo IMG_3677_1_zps59097ca9.jpg
Potted sead grown meiwa kumquat tree at it's best

---------------------------------------------------------------------- --

Meiwa at its worst
1) meiwa kumquat tree big view photo IMG_44692_zps7cb4ed76.jpg
2) meiwa kumquat tree top view photo IMG_4468_zps29360e33.jpg
3) meiwa kumquat tree lower top view photo IMG_4469_zpsdde7cd2f.jpg
4) meiwa kumquat tree middle view photo IMG_4471_zps6d8d1f65.jpg
5) Meiwa kumquat tree middle view another angle photo IMG_44712_zps143a61e0.jpg
6)  Meiwa kumquat tree middle lower view photo IMG_44722_zps72e8fd39.jpg
7)  Meiwa kumquat tree lower photo IMG_4478_zps7e83fc44.jpg

citrus Can be so frustrating even more so in the winter. click link below to see winter help tools. They will not work in your situation.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/wreristhechimney/slideshow/Bucket light system

o

I have a certified arborist coming today to look at it. I will let you know.

o

dgv1372

What did the arborist have to say.

Steve

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here