Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help buylady with her trees asap..

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 22, 10 at 18:10

Buylady, you trees need help and fast..

So I thought many here will come to the rescue quickley..

Buylady did post pictures on the link I provided. What does everyone think?

Does anyone see anything that she can do to improve her trees health as fast as possible??

I will start by saying the soil mix looks very compacted and may be holding water way to long..The dead branches are a sign of over or under watering..

Buylady, once you water, how long does it take for your pots to dry out? And how much sun are your trees recieving?

I will defer the rest to the group for different ideas..

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Buylady's pictures at bottom of the page.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help buylady with her trees asap..

I'd need some more info from Buylady, I think. I don't really know anything about her situation, but the two things that stand out to me right now are: the soil & the room they're in.

The soil looks hard and compact. I think something needs to be done about that. But what I think the more pressing issue is the room they're in. If the date tag on the photo is correct, why are they being kept in a room that *seems* to get so little light? Are you unable to put them outside? The top branches of several trees are in front of the window while the rest of the tree is well below it. The sun shining through the window on part of the tree while the rest is shaded is going to spell some major temperature imbalances and several cranky trees.

o

OMG Mike you found me yeaaaaaaaaa...yea its just dirt i'm learning bout u guys mix now...well i have to water them bout 3-4 days i posted nother post bout my room i have outside wood burner and it drys every thing out terrible what all do i need to mix together to get the mixture you all have it looks rocky woody to me LOL how can get nutrients if its all granular?? thx guys guess i need help bad thx for you help Mike much is apprec...

o

Definitely the soil is the first thing.

Probably the easiest mix to make or use is the tapla 5:1:1 mix of pine bark fines, turface, and peat.

Go to the container gardening forum for proper discussion of that mix.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here