Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How long will the fruit take to ripen?

Posted by courtgal Carolinas (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 12, 11 at 20:57

I have my first Meyer lemon and am happy to say I have lovely size lemons and lots more blossoms. However, the lemons have been green for what seems like months. There are some which are almost grocery store size lemons but still very green. Is this normal? I have fertilized and the tree is outside. I thought by now I would have yellow fruit?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How long will the fruit take to ripen?

I usually start picking mine in the fall and harvest the last ones before the first freeze. Mine are outdoor plants though. If yours are container grown then it will depend on when they flowered and set fruit. Meyers will typically get quite a bit larger than "grocery" store sized lemons also. How are yours grown?

o

when I got my meyer last april it had set fruit and they ripened in november.

o

• Posted by dsieber z5 Lakewood CO (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 13, 11 at 20:29

Harvested mine inside in March. I think most of fruit came from blossums that came out after taking the tree outside. So far this year I have 3 fruit set indoors during the spring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here