Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jayboyok

My key lime tree came today

jayboyok
15 years ago

Well, my dwarf key lime tree came today. Wow was I happy. Not only is it in great shape, it is about 3' taller than what I expected. Planted it in a nice pot and moved it to a place where it is protected from our 35-45 mph constant winds we have been getting nearly every day for the last 3 months. Strange weather this year for sure.

Comments (7)

• orchidguyftl
    15 years ago

once it gets acclimated, it will tolerate those winds

• jayboyok
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My Key lime is doing great. I staked it well and tied it also to prevent wind issues. It never lost a single leaf either (never went into shock). It is now showing a very few blooms too. Might get a lime or two. Very happy with it.

• littlelemon29
    15 years ago

where did you order from?

• floridafarmer
    15 years ago

dwarf key lime?

• damethod
    15 years ago

Just thought you might want to know that I have a Key Lime tree for sale on ebay. It's already fruiting and ready to be transplanted into a bigger container or into the ground.

Item number: 120284940610

• noss
    13 years ago

How can someone sell a citrus tree on eBay when there are restrictions on selling citrus trees?

Vivian

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    13 years ago

vivian

The restrictions are state specific.

no citrus goes in or out of Florida. All the other citrus growing states can ship out to other states as long as the state is not a citrus growing state. Most time online shippers will say no shipping to Florida, California, Texas, Arizona because of that.

Of course you will have bootleggers who break the law but that is hard to control when its on a small scale.

I can ship in any kind of citrus, tropical, really any plant, legal plants of course, to my state because we dont have a commercial industry here that could suffer from it.

mike