Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My key lime tree came today

Posted by jayboyok 7a (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 6, 08 at 22:37

Well, my dwarf key lime tree came today. Wow was I happy. Not only is it in great shape, it is about 3' taller than what I expected. Planted it in a nice pot and moved it to a place where it is protected from our 35-45 mph constant winds we have been getting nearly every day for the last 3 months. Strange weather this year for sure.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My key lime tree came today

once it gets acclimated, it will tolerate those winds

o

My Key lime is doing great. I staked it well and tied it also to prevent wind issues. It never lost a single leaf either (never went into shock). It is now showing a very few blooms too. Might get a lime or two. Very happy with it.

o

where did you order from?

o

dwarf key lime?

o

Just thought you might want to know that I have a Key Lime tree for sale on ebay. It's already fruiting and ready to be transplanted into a bigger container or into the ground.

Item number: 120284940610

o

• Posted by noss Zone 9 Lafayette (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 30, 11 at 23:15

How can someone sell a citrus tree on eBay when there are restrictions on selling citrus trees?

Vivian

o

vivian

The restrictions are state specific.

no citrus goes in or out of Florida. All the other citrus growing states can ship out to other states as long as the state is not a citrus growing state. Most time online shippers will say no shipping to Florida, California, Texas, Arizona because of that.

Of course you will have bootleggers who break the law but that is hard to control when its on a small scale.

I can ship in any kind of citrus, tropical, really any plant, legal plants of course, to my state because we dont have a commercial industry here that could suffer from it.

mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here