Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No blossoms on Moro Blood Orange Tree

Posted by tking268 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 23:03

My Moro Blood Orange tree hasn't blossomed yet this season. The tree is about 12-15 years old and has produced fruit every season, including this past season. Tree looks healthy, leaves are dark green with new growth. Regular fertilizer with GroPower Citrus and Avocado. Any ideas?
My Improved Meyer (same age), Cara Cara, Bearss Lime, Satsuma Mandarin and Golden Nugget Mandarins are all doing well.
Zone 9 - Poway, CA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No blossoms on Moro Blood Orange Tree

I've heard that you'll often have an off-year with certain Citrus. If it doesn't bloom and fruit next year, then you might become concerned.

After three years, this was the first year that my Moro bloomed. It began blooming in mid-February and continued through mid-May, at which point the fruit had all set. I wouldn't expect the Moro to bloom this late in the season.

Josh

o

I also heard that Moros can alternate bear. If it hasn't bloomed by now, I don't think it will. Mine bloomed late February and lasted about 2 months. I'm sure it will bloom again next year. Sounds like a very healthy tree!

o

Yes, I was thinking of Josh's tree as I was reading this!

Hello Josh by the way!

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here