Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dad's kumquat

Posted by houstontexas123 z9a (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 11, 12 at 0:21

pretty much all the kumquat trees i've seen are potted, and only 2' maybe 3' tall. my dad had this tree for quite a few years in a 5 gal pot kept it prune to about a 2' bushy tree. a few years ago he planted it inground. it is now about 6.5' tall. thought i'd share with yall.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dad's kumquat

Beautiful tree; I have seen them 24 feet tall; still beautiful and soooo productive. Sorry to say most just enjoy the color and do not enjoy the fruit. BTW is that a Plumeria in the white pot? You have to be careful about that on the citrus forum... some people are sensitive to "invasive" plants...LOL

o

Wow, this is a very handsome kumquat tree!. It looks like has a lot of fruits on it already. I love kumquat friut.

John, I know what your "invasive" Plumeria means from other thread, LOL. You have sense of humor.

o

Olympia,
Please don't spread it around that I might have a sense of humor; I am already in enough trouble here.
Thanks,
John

o

yes, it has quite a few fruits on it, and it has some blooms on it too, kinda hard to see.

o

Hi Houstontexas,

Love the look of your Kumquat!! Looks like it likes it surroundings there at your dad's house.

Everything looks great.

Even the scared Plumie...it must know that eyes are on her and she can feel that she is not welcome here... LOL!!!

Good to see such beauties here on the Citrus forum!!!

Take care and continue to grow all of your beauties ;-)

Always love to see you post!!!

Take care,

Laura

o

Hi Laura! Good to see you! I agree with you:-)

Houstontexas, that is a wonderful looking tree. I wish I could grow a tree as big and beautiful as that. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

What are those white flowers on those plants against the house. I love them. Are they fragrant? Boy, look at all those plants!

Mike

o

i believe those are Texas Spider Lilies. i've never smelled them, so couldnt tell you if they're fragrant or not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here