Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nippon Orangequat

Clifton's Nursery :-)

Patty S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clifton's Nursery: Nippon Orangequat

o

Thanks Patty, you're the best! anybody growing one of these?

o

How is it different from sweet kumquat? How big do the fruit get? Is the tree as small as limequat/kumquat?

o

Anyone with one of these? Just spotted a couple of them at Costco

o

Excellent fruit for martinis and snacks. I have a total of three of them in two different locations.
Mine are from Menlo Growers and on dwarfing rootstock and grown as a privacy hedge. They are frost and freeze tolerant.... and very productive.

o

I've got one too. A fun citrus to grow because of the vigor, nice looking dense tree, dark orange almost red fruit(later in the season), prolific producer & bloomer. Its alot like Meyer, not in the fruit but, the way it grows. If its not holding enough fruit it will bloom and bloom throughout the summer, until its holding so much fruit at multiple stages of ripeness(at least for me it dose). The drawback is the fruit is only moderately useful, I have had them at all stages of ripeness and the best is very late, like now or later, They hold well on the tree for fresh eating the begin to sweeten by this time and even beyond. The fruit get the size of golf balls or tad bigger, they are juicy, many seeds, have sweet skin with some slight bitterness/aftertaste the flesh is as sour as a lemon if you pick them before around March(depending on your climate)

o

Thanks for the info!

I decided to pick one up after finding some info about them. Read they were tasty in a glass of water for a taste different than lemon or lime.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here