Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stickstring

Meyer cutting has roots but no new growth?

Hello to all. First off, being my first post I would like to thank you all for all of the info, and keeping me up so late everynight reading all of the extensive information you all have provided for us "newbies".

I am a heavy duty diesel mechanic and have never really "grown" anything. I have always LOVED fruit trees and now that I own my own house I have really been learning as much as I possibly can in regards to fruit tree verities, care and propagation. So to my question.

On 6/01/14 I took a few clippings from a Meyer Lemon tree we have had at our ranch for many many years. It is an amazing producer, very large, and produces the best meyer lemons I have personally ever had. I started with 6 and I am down to 2 as of today.

I used clear plastic cups, 90% perlite and 10% peat moss. The one of the two are showing roots through the clear cup. As of today I see two strands of roots on opposite sides of the cup (there may be more that haven't made it out yet). I plan on leaving the cutting In the clear cup until I have extensive root growth. My question is the cuttings itself has not sprouted off any new growth. Nothing at all. I know it has only been just over a month, but being that I have never done anything like this before, the "waiting" is killing me yet causing anxiety due to not really knowing what to expect.

Thanks again to all
Nick

Comments (2)