Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
theverytc

Lime or lemon?

theverytc
10 years ago

Hi all,

My father and I (well, mostly my father) like to grow things, and one of the things that has come from my sometimes annoying habit of holding onto seed has grown into a number of citrus trees, lemon, lime, pomelo and Chinese mandarin -- all from seed.

All of the trees are pretty healthy, but one of the things that has caused both my father and I to scratch our heads is what kind of tree is the "eldest brother"? A Vine post of "him" is attached below:

https://vine.co/v/hWFwrzehKQl

My father is convinced it is a lime (the ones you get from supermarkets here in Canada, but it could be a key lime), but for the past few years we thought it was a lemon tree (I think Eureka, the ones we get in the markets). I'm wondering if anyone can ID, I can provide more pics if need be.

Also, I am hoping that the tree will soon bear fruit. My father is nearing his 60s and I have just entered my 30s, and I'm hoping "eldest brother" (which I believe is about 4-5 years old) will start bearing fruit by my 35th birthday or his 65th, or so. Am I getting too hopeful that "eldest brother" will start paying off my father and mine's efforts with little limes?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022