Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spinspin_gw

Yellow Leaves on my Orange Tree, Help!!!!!

spinspin
15 years ago

Hello, Citrus Gurus,

My orange tree must have got some problem. Please see attached picture. The leaves of the left most tree turned yellow and the tiny oranges are dropping!

There was an accident about a month ago. A sprinkler head close to this tree was broken. Since the sprinkler was covered by mulch, I didn't notice the broken head until the leaves turned yellow. I guess that is caused by over-watering. I stopped watering this tree after I found out and fixed the broken sprinkler. I though the way could give some time to let the soil dry. It seems like the leaves turns a little bit greener, but the yellowish leaves have never gone.

Recently, I noticed that the leaves turns to yellow again! I was wondering whether it was caused by no enough water? I didn't water it for about a month. But if watering is a cause, how come the other two orange trees with about the same size next to this tree look very healthy? Could no enough water cause any problem for this size tree? If it is caused by any diseases, how come only this tree is infected while all three trees are so close to each other?

Please help! I am really anxious because I don't want to lose such a big nice tree. Its fruits were so sweet! Thanks in advance for any advice.

{{gwi:600634}}

Comments (6)