o
Help

Posted by PJC1124 none (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 11:48

What is this on the leaves and how can I treat it

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help

Same issue as your other post - too blurry, need to know where you live, are trees in-ground, in containers outside, or only inside.

Patty S.

o

I hope you will get this link. Because this looks like what you have - Wooley Aspids. On the link, it says that you must also have ants.
To get rid of ants forever just throw Dried Molasses all over the yard - found at a Specialty Garden Center. I buy 20 lb bags and apply 1 time a year or less. Not in rain. This stuff is amazing. Changing the soil to work wonders plus the getting rid of ants.
I just bought Spinosad for my citrus. I don't know if this will help aspids, but you can research this. It is organic especially for citrus problems. Check out the link. The pictures at the link are the same as yours.
Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardenweb

o

caroltropicals,

The thread you linked to was incorrectly diagnosed.
The problem for that tree was woolly whitefly. Not woolly aphids.

o

Hand crushing works wonder. I find I can take care of a tr at 8 feet tall with an 8 ft spread a lot faster than one would think. It also decrease number to a level that predator insects can catch up with. A powerful water blast works wonders for non flying insects. both take less time than driving to a store, buying the product, documenting the credit card/ check records, balancing your bank account. then doing the extra tax records at years end. Try it it works.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here