Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WHat type?

Posted by sdelafuente 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 11:53

Hello
What type of citrus is this?

I have had it for about 3 years, it was a gift to me and told me it was oranges but didn't know what variety. Last year it tried to fruit but they all didn't make it. In April it start blooming and now it has about 15 fruits hanging on, They are pretty big. They are in the ground

Thanks
Sal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WHat type?

Here is a pic of the whole tree. Also should I cut some fruit off? The main branch is all bent and the fruit is like 2 feet of the ground.

o

Hard to tell. Kind of looks like a seedling. Kind of looks like a lemon, but cannot tell because I can't see if there are thorns, or see if the flower buds are purplish. It could be a navel orange but can't see the bottom of the fruit to see if there's a navel (a Valencia would be ripe, now, as it ripens May - July or thereabouts). I would just support the branch and wait until winter when the fruit is ripe to see what you've got.

Patty S.

o

Thanks Patty

The flower were white and it has big thorns. I will post the bottom of the fruit at a later time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here