Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Meyer Lemon, Bugs, Birds, and Other Critters

Posted by plutomedia 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 12:18

My potted 14-inch Meyer Lemon tree had a small lemon growing on one of the branches. The lemon was about 1/4-to-1/2 inch long. This morning I went to check on it and the fruit was gone. It does not appear to have fallen off--it was nowhere to be seen on the patio although we did have some storms last night. Wondering if birds (or raccoons possibly?) or something else was responsible.

My wife says she has seen birds on our patio, although she has not caught them specifically in the fruit trees. Any ideas? Any solutions? Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Meyer Lemon, Bugs, Birds, and Other Critters

Not sure what would eat it. Probably fell off during the storm and rolled off somewhere.

o

We can't suggest solutions for an unknown situation. Do you know what tulle is? Might be worth draping your plant with it or constructing a small frame on which to staple the fabric. It will kerp birds out.

o

My first thought would be a rat; but they usually wait until the fruit is a bit more mature.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here