Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pics of my citrus. pests?disease? please id probs or add pics too

Posted by partyprincess TX (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 16, 10 at 13:20

Hi All
Please post pictures of your citrus tree leaves that show signs of pests, disease or other problems. If you see a picture and can help identify the problem and can offer a solution please do so. I would like to get pictures of different leaves and their problems so those of us new to citrus can learn to identify problems early and treat as soon as possible. I am sure that all of the issues that I have with my trees have been dealt with on the forum but I am having a hard time locating the answers to my questions. So I thought I would try to start a thread specifically about leaves since that is where I notice my problems with my citrus first. Thank you in advance for all input.

This is from my Meyer Lemon - this is the only leaf that looks like this at the moment. I pulled it off. This is the front of the leaf- the spots are black
P1010792

This is the back of the same leaf above- it is creased and torn because I sort of crushed it and threw it away before I decided to take a picture
P1010793

This is the front of a leaf from the Meyer still on the tree - there are several like this on the tree - dark spots are rust in color
P1010795

This is the back of the Meyer leaf above - damage is rust in color
P1010796

This is my Mandarin tree - attempting to show damage done by Swallowtail butterfly cats- I did not know what they were and I pulled them off and smashed them. Later I learned they would have become beautiful butterflies. I am going to try to find some kind of host plant and next time I will relocate them to that plant if I find them. They eat leaves FAST
P1010797

This is what the leaves of my Mexican Lime looked like when I got it - new growth is not curled and looks good. Just curiuos what caused the curling. The residue on the leaf is from spraying with fish emulsion last evening. Check the leaf with the hole - to the right of the hole - is that a red mite?
P1010798

This is the front of a leaf from my Lemon Drop tree.
P1010799

This is the back of the same leaf

P1010800

Wednesday night I sprayed all with fish emulsion/water on the tops and underneath leaves. Pictures were taken yesterday. I have just started using FP 1/2 tsp in 2 gallons of water this week. I scrubbed the Meyer leaves with soapy water last night - the rust spots did not come off.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pics of my citrus. pests?disease? please id probs or add pics

Isn't this a duplicate Thread?

o

Yes, I would like to delete the first one but don't know how. I will gladly do that if I can figure it out. Sorry.

o
Edits

There is no way to delete or to edit Threads or posts.

Josh

o

I sincerely apologize for the duplicate. I felt that the title needed to incidate that I had posted pictures of my own citrus leaf problems so I posted again thinking I could delete the original thread. I did not mean to cause a problem on the forum.
Kim

o

Hey all I have similar symptoms on Orange trees, did you find out what is this disease?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here