Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stickstring

Potting rooted cuttings

Hello to all, quick question. I have 2 meyer lemon cuttings that are not quite ready to be potted but will be soon. Like I said in my last post I have never done this before and had a question. They are currently in a perlite mix with maybe 10% peat for moisture. I will be potting into the 5-1-1 mix. Should I rinse all of the perlite and peat away from the roots before potting. Or should I just pull cutting out of cup with all medium still attached to roots and make a hole in the 5-1-1 mix big enough to just "drop" it in and then water well?

Once it is repotted, my plan is to put a garbage bag over the pot / cutting for one week, then cut open the bag slightly everyday for another week until I remove the bag completely at the end of the week. I planned on doing this outside in full shade. These cuttings have been in clear plastic cups in the medium described above with a large ziplock bag covering the cuttings for humidity. I remove the ziplock bag once every 3 days for an hour for fresh air. Does anyone see a problem with this "plan"? Should I go a different route?
Thank you to all,

Comments (8)