Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvmyblake

Meyer Lemon tree dead? :( Please help

LuvMyBlake
10 years ago

My husband brought home a Meyer Lemon tree from a Home & Garden show in February of this year. While this was a super sweet gesture...I am afraid he brought this poor, unsuspecting tree into it's worst nightmare. A virtual house of horrors. Nevertheless, I want to save this tree from certain death, if I can.

When my tree (approx 17") first came home, it was full of green leaves, had 2 small lemons and a few blossoms. It now has no leaves, no blossoms & of course no fruit. The branches are dry and brittle. A few weeks ago, things were looking promising as it had a few flowering buds. I moved it from a south facing window to a shady spot on the back deck in the hopes that a bee or bees would pollinate. We had some really scorching hot days so I brought it back inside (to air conditioning) and all of the flowers quickly fell off. Because the branches are dry and brittle I've been watering it daily. :/ I know... I told you...house of horrors. I am trying to save this tree but am afraid I am doing more harm than good. Why is there no "Meyer Lemon Trees For Dummies" book on the market? I need it.

If anyone has any idea how I can save this little guy, I would really appreciate it.

Comments (7)