Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Myer lemon question

Posted by ralph31558 z8GA (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 15:26

eary this spring i bought a meyer lemon in a container,it lost all of its flowers and it looked like it was on its way out so i plantedit in the garden, it started to look like a little shrub it also started to get a few buds, we had a large storm and they all fell off, it is about 1 ft. high.it started to produce a center shoot which started to grow quickly while the small bush around it wasn't growing,the center shoot is now about 6 ft high and i had to tie itto a stick for support.There are no sighns of buds as yet. is this normal? Please advise.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Myer lemon question

Ralph, you need to check where that sprout is emanating from. If it is from below the graft line, it is coming from the rootstock, and not the variety scionwood (what is above the graft line is the Meyer variety scionwood.) If it's coming from below the graft line, cut that sprout off right at the trunk. If you can provide photos, especially a nice close up photo of the trunk where the sprout is coming from, and try to give us what you think if the graft line in the photo, we can help you better. A photo is worth a thousand words, as they say :-)

Patty S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here