Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon_the_random

When will Meyer Lemon Bloom?

My mom bought a meyer lemon 3 years ago from Home Depot. It was already setting fruit, and the fruit got to about 2 inches long by November, until my mom left it outside for the winter -_-.
Needless to say, all growth died back. Surprisingly, new branches sprouted from the top center of the stem. The tree was originally in a tree like shape, with one very very thick stem about a foot long and many branches branching out from the tip. That sort of made me suspect the branches were grafted on the tip, but there were too many (around 10) for that to be economical.

Anyways, long story short, the branches are probably Meyer Lemon branches after a year(I brought them inside this time), the branches began to turn woody, and right now, they're back to growing more foliage and branches. However, its been two years since then and there's no bloom set. How long until it does?

Also, somehow scale insects appeared in December and are still ravaging the top layer of branches. They just won't die. Will this affect when the blossoms will appear?

Comment (1)