Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
partyprincess_gw

Question on Meyer Lemon rooted cutting

partyprincess
13 years ago

Hello All!

I guess I am officially addicted to growing citrus now. I have just acquired a Meyer Lemon that is basically a stick about 11" tall with four leaves - it's a long story. It is not grafted. I say it does not have a graft because there were several sticks coming up from the "soil" when I rescued it rather than one rootstock. The others were dead. I teased apart the roots while gently washing and got the roots for this one. The pot it was rescued from did have the nursery tag stating it is a Meyer. I potted it in 5:1:1 and am keeping it out of full sun because it is on shaky ground. The roots did not look bad when I potted it. There was one branch with a small lemon on it but I pruned it off because I don't think that the "tree" could support that fruit. What do I do now? I will use Foliage Pro and vinegar and it is in a fast draining mix. I would like to grow a long straigt main trunk and then encourage growth up top. I did stake it and it is straight. How can I encourage growth in height and diameter and help keep this pitiful stick alive. ANY tips would be appreciated.

Kim

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville