Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Meyer lemon yellowing leaves

Posted by Garret_87 Zone 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 19:23

I moved from NY to Washington State in the last three weeks and before we left I overnighted my 6-7 y/o meyer lemon tree. I couldn't part ways with it - this last winter it gave me a dozen lemons and is blooming and gearing up for the next batch. With care it has been thriving in our colder climate.

I knew there would be some shock, and there was, but it's been 3 weeks and I'm wondering if there is any cause for alarm or if I'm doing something wrong. Will these leaves return to normal? It is still blooming and setting fruit.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Meyer lemon yellowing leaves

Pic#2

o

Pic#3

o

The cooler weather is causing what appears to be a beginning of a manganese deficiency; aside from that, expect some shock and leaf loss when you notably change the light conditions of a Meyer. Oh, yes... no, those leaves will not return to "normal"; the manganese deficient (IMHO) might well regreen with some mineral foliar or chelated MN application; but the important thing is the color of the new growth, when it happens. If the new growth has a brownish reddish color before turning to green, you will know you are adequately nourishing the tree.

This post was edited by Johnmerr on Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 22:00

o

Thanks for the tips, I will check the color of any new growth. The night time temps have been hovering in the mid 50's and daytime 75-85. The nights here are much cooler than where I'm from (and what the tree is used to). Do you think that it's leaves will drop? They have yellowed more. Have been fertilizing and watering regularly. My two lemon cuttings are doing very well, the move did not affect them like my larger tree.

o

The temp is not the issue; it is the change in light conditions. If the tree drops its leaves and you are treating it well, it will replace them with new leaves better suited to the new light conditions.

Patience and love; you will be rewarded.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here