Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
orange fruit

Posted by jlmart26 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 20:11

The fruit on my navel orange I think they seem somewhat small.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: orange fruit

It Is a little tree, which appears to be compounded by the support of a stake... what do you expect? Miracles from the citrus gods?

o

mine are about the same size atm, they'll get a little bigger.

o

jlmart, your tree is very small and young, and your navel oranges still have several months to go until they are ripe. I imagine they will continue to grow until this winter, when they are ripe (if December/January is winter for you, you don't mention where you live). So, time and patience is in order, here. And, don't expect very young, small trees to bear the same sized fruit as larger, more mature trees, as well :-)

Patty S.

o

Patty I live in south texas I figured since it a young tree and this is the first year it sets fruit. Johnmerr the stakes are to support the branches cause it has three oranges in one branch the weight of the oranges made the branches fall to the floor.

o

Patience, Grasshopper!

Everything looks healthy, so no worries :)

o

You figured right, jlmart :-) Young tree, less and smaller fruit (and probably modest quality). At year 5 you should have an outstanding orange tree :-) As Serge said, "patience, grasshopper." Your tree looks very healthy, you seem to be doing everything just right for now!

Patty S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here