Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nazareneisrael

Citrus in back yard not happy :(

nazareneisrael
13 years ago

Hello. I have several citrus trees in the front yard that are very happy, and growing well. I give them a deep watering twice a week (one hour with an umbrella sprayer). There is a little bit of 'oranging' on the Valencia leaves, but other than that, they seem happy.

The citrus in the back yard is not happy. The leaves closest to the sun on the dwarf Pomello are almost totally yellow, and the tips of the dwarf White Grapefruit leaves are starting to turn black. There are also brown leaves on several of the citrus trees (dwarf white grapefruit, kumquat) which look like they are somehow burned.

I wish I had come across this forum before I planted. In the back I planted in 50% native red clay, 50% mushroom compost, and lots of gypsum pellets. I don't know if this is anything, but does seem like the three trees that are 'most in the sun' are the ones that are having the most problems with yellowing, browning, or leaf tips turning black.

I took some pictures, but I don't know how to post them. If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz