Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
neurosci

Meyer lemon - small leaves turn yellow and drop

Neurosci
10 years ago

Curious as to what may cause this? The larger leaves hold their green color while a few small leaves near the trunk of the tree become yellow and drop. I've had 4 drop now.

Maybe the tree is just a bit finicky in the pot as I've read on other posts?

I'm in climate zone 6, and the tree sits out on the back porch to receive full sunlight all day long. On occasion, today being an example, the weather reached 81F. Could it be too hot behind the house there?

I rely on both the reading from the moisture meter along with the feel of the soil that remains on the device when I pull it out of the pot. I try to keep the meter around an intermediate between wet and dry, and then I double check with the feel of the soil as mentioned.

To get this, I water about every 5 days with about 1/2 tbsp fertilizer (I forget the name, but I remember reading on here that they changed the name from muracid to it).

I appreciate those of you who have given me your experienced advice in my previous posts. I think I have the watering down. I would like to know what may be causing small inner leaves to turn yellow and drop. Maybe it's the location -- is it too hot?

I should mention I have noticed a few of the larger leaves have a very small amount of yellow right at the very tip but otherwise look good.

Another question -- how often are you all adding slow release fertilizers to the pot? I made my 5-1-1 with osmocote plus as instructed in the video, but with what frequency and what quantity do I need to add?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County