Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I love growing citrus trees from seed

Posted by Tcamp30144 7b (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 21:25

I know I will not get fruit for 5 years or longer but I should be the fruit king in five years lol. I seem to have gotten down how to grow citrus for the most part all of my seedling seem to do well. This is a picture of my seed grown meyer lemon and tanglo tree they are both about 8 months old.
Trace

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I love growing citrus trees from seed

Looking good. I too get a certain adrenaline rush from seeing a seed sprout. The biggest problem with the Meyer seedling is the root is a bit weak for inground planting; and you may not in the end get a Meyer fruit. In my experience, it will at least be pretty close; but the tree might have a mountain of thorns and be anything from a bush to a standard citrus tree.

o

Thanks johnmeer just more or less fun to grow but thank you for the support. One day I'm going to create a separate link with every one of my trees photo and logged it would take a while
Trace

o

looking good Trace

Most of my trees are seed grown. My kumquats have been very hard to grow with lots of die-back. They are in-ground but in a place that I can not get a picture that would be legible. The ground is plant and root free but the vines act as mulch and blend in with the kumquat tree. As for my others. I have discovered a seedling citrus in the community garden from a spit seed. I cleared the weed and fed it and for my sweetlee tangerine trees click below. Th last tree is the biggest and a poncirus trifoliata @ 2.5 years age

Here is a link that might be useful: https://plus.google.com/photos/111099372377958308731/albums/5961857381151877457?banner=pwa

o

Very Nice Tracy...I would love to see all your trees..I got a feeling there are a lot more around the house than you think...Thanks for sharing.

MIke

o

If you love growing from seed...

Try either Seville/Bitter Oranges and/or Pomelo. Both are EASY from seed.

o

Thanks Mike one day I will get around to log in and taking pictures of all of them soon. Never counted them all I have over 25 trees I know mostly young trees. Maybe when I put them in the greenhouse this fall for the wintertime I'll take pictures of them a catalog all love them. Thanks for all the time words glad you enjoy em.
Trace
PS I'm a guy and you'd say my name like your tracing something lol
I had another member think I was a girl lol.

o

Don't feel bad Mike, I personally straighten the other guy out.

Steve

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here