Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
csmooot

Variegated Eureka Lemon Advice?

csmooot
10 years ago

I picked this one up from a nursery a month or two ago, when I bought it, it had tiny, undeveloped fruits on a few branches, which it eventually dropped. This was no surprise, as this is what the soil looked like when I repotted two days ago:
{{gwi:609452}}

The soil is moderately dry in this picture. When wet, it's legitimate mud. I'm surprised it lasted this long. I have it in a quicker draining medium, and it's looking 100x better after the re-pot. I'll try to get a more recent picture. How do I get this guy to bloom again, though? I'm guessing it's just a matter of patience. I've never cared for citrus before. I also weakly fertilize it with the rest of my plants every other weekend.

I water every other day, as that's usually when the soil dries out(110 degrees PLUS daily). I'm positive it's grafted, when I removed all of the mud stuck to the roots, I saw what seemed to be two or three long roots in a spiral with the rest growing off of those.
{{gwi:609454}}

Last, would pruning help to give a more upright look? Or is it growing fine? I know that pruning could hinder blooms.
{{gwi:609456}}

I potted up from an 8 inch pot to an 16 inch pot. The plant is 3 1/2 feet tall from soil to highest leaf.

Comments (2)