Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Citrus in Mass

Posted by Dtunes 6b MA (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 22:11

Hi folks,

Just saying hi and showing my lemon tree that I've been growing up in Massachusetts for the last 5 years. My Mother in law bought in at the Ft. Meyers airport as a joke gift while on vacation not expecting it to do much. It was tiny at purchase being thinner than a pencil, however I'm pretty sure it was grafted.

I think it's done pretty well over the years considering my near total lack of citrus knowledge at the outset. Unfortunately it's never flowered in the past 5 years which is a little frustrating, but it's still a cool houseplant for the winter and the leaves smell nice. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will someday bear fruit.

I have no idea what variety it is. The little card that came with it is long gone, however I don't think it said anymore than 'lemon tree" anyway. Hopefully if/when it fruits I can narrow the type down.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Citrus in Mass

Wow, you should congratulate yourself for growing such a healthy plant.

o
RE: Citrus in Mass

Thanks! It's been surprisingly tough and forgiving of neglect over the years. Now if it would only flower I'd be very happy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here