Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lethargic Lime/Tangelo

Posted by Trussell123 SE NSW (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 1, 14 at 22:33

Last year I planted a Lemonade, a Lemon, a Tangelo and a Lime. The Lemonade and Lemon are doing very well, the Tangelo and Lime seem to have stagnated. Both of them look healthy enough, they just don't seem to have progressed, no flower or fruit. They were in pots for a few years, could this be the problem? Is there anything I can do to get them going?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lethargic Lime/Tangelo

Photos please. Really can't help you unless we see the trees, how they're planted, etc. Also, we need to know how much they are being watered, fertilized, how much sun they receive, etc. It may be nothing at all, or, we may be able to make suggestions on care for you, but we need a little more info to be able to help you out.

Patty S.

o

Thanks Patty for the reply, I've included one image, both plants look similar. They get 4-5 hours sun a day, fertilized(Osmocote) in March, due for more in July. We have had regular rain since summer so I haven't had to water. It just seems strange that these two do little compared to the other two citrus.
Tony R

o

Nitrogen Starved

o

Wow, I would check to see if they are too wet in the root area. It is possible you've got root rot going on (Phytophthora). I would make sure you've not got soggy roots, first off. I would also consider treating with AgriFos (Phosphorus acid). 2 Tbsp. in 5 gals. of water. Treat now, then a second treatment in 6 weeks. Then, once every 6 months. Since you're fertilizing, yet the tree looks extremely chlorotic, I am suspecting your tree is struggling to absorb nutrients due to root compromise.

Patty S.

o

Thanks Patty and Ryan I'll try your suggestions.
TonyR

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here