Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
saorise_2013

Stink bugs!! :-(

Saorise_2013
9 years ago

Does anyone know of a good repellant, pesticide, or a home made or store trap that is good at getting rid, or repelling, stink bugs? They are all over and sucking so much out of my citrus trees that they are are killing some of the branches. I go out and squish them but more come. They are fairly new to the area since I saw them for the first time last year but they were not that bad then. I remember reading somewhere that they invaded somewhere from the east and finally made it to the west coast which is why I am now seeing them. :-(

I am sure it is the stink bugs doing this because my fiance lives 30 miles away from me and his citrus are doing well. They are in the same type of dirt, same feeding schedule, have had spider mites and scale in the past and treated with the same pesticide etc.. but he does not have stink bugs where he is at for some reason.

If anyone could give me advice of how to keep these bugs off my trees I would greatly appreciate it since I will soon be extremely busy I wont be home when it is light so there will be no way of me being able to see the little devils so I can kill them unless I go outside with a powerful flashlight late at night and I am sure my neighbors would love that! lol!

Comments (2)