Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tangerine cross pollination chart

Posted by mymimi43 5a mtn desert (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 16, 08 at 3:06

Is there a cross pollination chart on the web? I just bought a honey tangerine and plan to buy a kishu. are these self fertile or do they need a pollinator. If they are not self fertile can I use g acid?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tangerine cross pollination chart

These varieties, like most citrus, do not need another variety to cross pollinate them. In fact a few varieties, like W. Murcott, people try to keep other varieties away from them so they will NOT cross pollinate and so will not have seeds. They will do fine on their own.

o

Hi, Thanks for replying. Some plants will pollinate themselves as the blossom closes and others you need to act like a bee and pollinate the bloom with a small brush. Will citrus pollinate themselves upon closing of the blossom? My plants are indoors, so I don't have insect pollinators.

o

well, you could use a small paint brush and hand pollinate. I am definitely not the expert on indoor, though. All mine are outside in the ground.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here