Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yes,Time for 'August' pictures everyone!

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 19, 10 at 9:49

Navel Orange

Photobucket
Photobucket

Grapefruit

Photobucket

Another Washington Navel

Photobucket

Small bushy Lemon Meyer and notice the sucker branch I didn't notice till just now..It is gone now..:-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lemon Meyer almost killed by thrips and scale last winter..

Photobucket

Ponderosa lemon....Some in bloom. I like to keep these Bonsai size..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tiny Ruby grapefruit..About 7 inches high now.

Photobucket

Few Extras....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Have a great day everyone..I can't wait to see your pictures too...!

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yes,Time for 'August' pictures everyone!

Very nice update, Mike!
Those Plumies are a cool bonus.

On the small bushy Meyer, I also noticed a spider ;)

I'll have to get some new pics to share.

Josh

o

Ok Mike heres my tons of new growth
Lime w/BLOOM YAAAAAAA

BLOOM
new growth on it
this next one lost every leaf look at it now

morenewtomatoe
newgrowth
more new growth
growth
newgrowth
this whole new top new growth
verytopnew
this next one is the stump LOL almost DIED look at the growth now
stump
i'm sooooooo proud of my babys thx YOU Mike and ALL thx you all from the bottom of my heart

o

I am so proud of you too Buylady....You did a great job and I am really impressed with all the hard work you did!
Now, we need to keep them that way as the cooler weather comes, and that is what we are here for..:-)
Wow

Hi Josh, yes, I would love to see how yours is doing...I can't wait until yours flowers..I never saw that spider,,Sheesh..lol
Also, if you could, please post the picture of your Begonis here, it would color up this thread..Absolutely beautiful.

Mike

o

Mike,
Everyone looks awsome!
I was at a huge nursery yesterday with tons of citrus! going back soon!!!!!!!!! :)

Great bee and spider pics too. ;)
Hello Josh! Good eye! LOL!!

Buylady!!
So happy to see your progress! I could just imagine how excited you are!! All that work is paying off!

Mikes a great friend to have. ;)
JoJo

o

Well done, Buylady! When the plants are doing well, as yours so obviously are, it gives such a feeling of satisfaction. You have good reason to be pleased and proud.
Cath

o

Here are some of my August Pics

Chinotto Orange

Photobucket

Amber Sweet Orange
Photobucket

Yuzu Lemon
Photobucket

Variegated Eureka Lemon
Photobucket

HB Pummelo
Photobucket

Marsh Grapefruit Close up
Photobucket

o

great looking trees Jay!

Mike

I went out to take pics today and saw that the one satsuma orange I have been waiting to eat was enjoyed by one of my labs :( Its like they knew I wanted it. Now I'm going to have to raise the pots or put a fence around them, because knowing my dogs once they get a taste, Ill never get any fruit. LOL

o
RE: Time for 'August' pictures everyone

forgot to post the pic

key lime flower. The tree is covered with these clusters, should I thin them out once the fruit starts getting bigger, or just let the tree do its thing? This part is new to me, all the fruit I have/had was on the trees when I bought them.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

Jay and Mksnth....Thank you very much for posting such beautiful pictures!

Jay, which is your favorite tree..I don't ever think I have ever grown a Pummelo or even know what they terse like..Do they flower a lot like the meyer lemon?

Do your in ground trees do as well as our potted ones. They are both so nice looking..I suppose they love the full sun all year long..That makes me want to move there overtime I think of it..I DREAD the coming weeks of having to put them all inside..:-(

Mksmth...It looks like your keylime is going to be loaded with fruit...Great for beer...lol
What do you think of the flowers? I find them not that fragrant, yet one of the fasted growing trees I own...Always flowering too, right? Anytime of the year..

Nice looking plants..

MIke

o

yep the fragrance isnt that powerful. You have to get real close, but it does smell nice though. I just hope I get the fruit before my dogs do, LOL.

o

Dogs on lime? lololol

Mike

o

Mike,

thanks for the nice comments. I am a certified citrus nut now.

I will have to let you know on the Pummelo. One of my very good friends actually bought that for me and has royalty rights on any fruit I produce (we are negotiationg at 10 to 20% lol). It is certainly new to me. I am hoping it produces well. It is moderately cold hardy, so I will have to be careful this winter. Northwest Florida gets a nice stretch of cold, so you have to be careful.

I recently visited the nursery "Just Fruits and Exotics" and toured their grove behind the nursery operation. They had a huge HB Pummelo and it was loaded. They are in zone 9 too. However, they are super experienced and have an awesome nursery. Their online site has a bunch of really good information on it for fruits of all kind.

My soil has excellent drainage (I think that is why I want to kill all my grass and plant citrus - lol). This Meyer I planted has done much better in the yard. It seems to have doubled in size over this growing season.

Funny common story, my weimeraner thought one of the lower lemons looked like a great green ball. He got the lemon, but thankfully got a thorn too, so he hasn't hit it again! The funny thing is, as soon as he ripped off a big one, withing three days or so, i go three more baby lemons started. Probably a coincidence.

Photobucket

Thanks again for your replies to my pics.

o

Hi guys,

Mike very nice pics as usual! Is that a oroblanco grapefruit, im really thinking of getting one. I hear good things about the fruit.

buylady, those trees are looking tons better then your earlier pics posted, Nice work!!

Jay wish I could grow citrus inground those trees are very nice!

Mk Ive heard people say they thin them out, but I just let mine go and the tree usually drops what it cant handle, the more in a cluster the smaller the fruit will be, your choice :D

Anyways here are some of my trees!

My bigger Fukushu Kumquat
Photobucket
Photobucket

Smaller Fukushu Kumquat
Photobucket

Bearss Lime
Photobucket

Moro Blood Orange
Photobucket

(Left- Cara Cara) (Right Trovita Sweet Orange)
Photobucket

Monk

o

Monk,

Very nice and unsual kumquat. I am not familiar with that variety. You pretty much only see Nagami and Meiwa around here. Big leaves and very nice looking.

Mike,

What is that in your pots. The clay colored balls. I think its at the base of your washington navel. Probalby a dumb question, but I am not sure what that is. Looks cool!

o

Hi Everyone!

Your pics are just wonderful! I wish I had time to post some. I am in the midst of fundraising time for a charity that I am very involved with so until after mid-sept I have very little free time. I just wanted to post that I have new branches coming on my Meyer - the tree that has been SO difficult. And they are growing in areas that are bare. There is hope yet for that tree! I have two new branches coming in on my mandarin also. My lime tree has lost a ton of old leaves but there is a lot of new growth. My ponderosa, after a bunch of blooms, has one tiny lemon that has hung on. I can't wait to see how all of this turns out. An added bonus, after many days over 100 degrees ( Monday the car registered 111 going down the highway) today we did not even reach 90. What a relief! I am sure all my trees appreciated the break from the extreme heat.

Great job everyone! I really enjoy all of your pictures. Hopefully I can post some pics that show positive progress near the end of September.

Kim

o

Monk, monk, monk,

What better to than to describe as WOWOW..

I Love the tree looking ones and look at the fruit. Looks like a great mix, and I love the color of your trees..They look so healthy, and in Ill.... I also noticed the clay balls..lol!Awsome...Thanks you

Kim, a fundraiser? Very commendable! I hope you raise enough for what your doing...:-)
I hope it has nothing to do with running in that kind of heat..My goodness..The cold will be here before we all know it though..
It sounds like your trees are responding well..Very happy for you..Keep up the good work..

See you soon again..

Jay, the clay balls are, man, I can't remember what you call them...I will have to find out and come back later ok..:-)I love them. They keep the top of my soils from drying out to fast..I use some as a top dressing...They were lying around the home, so I figured I would put them to good use..

Miike..;-)

o

Princess
glad to hear your are getting some cooler weather. Up here in OK we have had a lot of the 100's also. Finally we are staying below that and even the 90's. I went out this morning and it was a brisk 57 degrees.

o

The Fukushu are my favorites atm, they seem to be doing really good here.

Those clay balls in my container are called Hydroton, not sure if you have the same Mike, They are used in hydroponics as a growing medium. I put the bearss in a drip system to see how well it would do.

Good luck with your fundraiser Kim!!

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here