Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i am sold on dyna-gro foliage pro

Posted by kev122 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 12:46

Hello from the delmarva, the only change to my citrus regimen this year has been the use of foliage pro and I am thrilled with the results. I have had consistent growth since starting back in early spring with every tree! My calamondin has just started blooming this week. P.S. I use it for my tomatoes as well with great results. Thanks board , never would have used it without recs from here. Kev

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i am sold on dyna-gro foliage pro

There is good reason why so many here recommend those products. Good job on your tree.

o

Thanks John, I know you are a Meyer guy, so here are the new baby Meyers that just fruited last week on just one branch. Best to you, kev.

o

For my garden Meyers I would thin that cluster to 4; and later to 3 or 2 depending on the strength of the limb.
Meyers do not do a good job of self-thinning until about 5 years; before that, if you leave too many fruits, the tree will "forget" to grow.

o

Foliage Pro really is great stuff...as long as it is used consistently! I stopped by the local Hydro shop the other day and the fella there gave me the last two quarts of Foliage Pro for $25 total! What a score!

Josh

o

Hi. I was thinking to order it from ebay. Can anyone give a picture or a detail of this product. My ML has same cluster of flowers. And can u say bit more how to thin it ? I mean, should i pick every adjacent fruit ? Thx :)

o

Asrar,

Wait until the flowers have gone and the fruit is set...as in Kev's photo. At that point you simply snip off some of the fruits. If you cut the flowers, a Meyer will just make more flowers.

o

Thanks for the advice John, will do on the thinning. Asrar, I ordered mine from Amazon. They have a product description as well as pictures available for reference. Kev.

o

Kev, fantastic..I am so glad you are having a good year and I hope you have many to come...You are doing something right...The color and growth is nice..

MIke

o

Kev, fantastic..I am so glad you are having a good year and I hope you have many to come...You are doing something right...The color and growth is nice..

MIke

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here