Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heyjude2012_gw

Mulch in potted citrus-maybe silly question

HeyJude2012
10 years ago

Hi everyone! I put the pine bark on my potted citruses for mulch. I'm really happy with the results but I have what may be a silly question. I put the mulch in a ring away from the trunks of the trees so the trunks won't rot but then when I water, it all floats into the center and I have to dig around with gloves to move it all back towards the outer part of the pots. Is this what you do?

I'm thinking there must be something I could get at Home Depot or something I could make that will hold the mulch in place. Any ideas? I know in the big scheme of things this isn't a big deal but I took an extra part time job and I have had to start streamlining everything in my life. It doesn't do me any good to get up any earlier than I do and it's getting dark when I get home. My choice...it's all good...just trying to get a handle on things. I have a lot of different fruit trees and all are in pots.

Mkesmth from OK, if you see this post...thank you for the laugh this morning. I clicked on the global warming post with much trepidation since I typically don't like debate but the picture of the guy in the pointy tin foil hat was worth it. Too funny!!!

Thanks everyone. Hope you are having a good day! Jude

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations