Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dwarf navel

Posted by joelk 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 13:30

My dwarf navel tends to bloom twice a year. The first in the spring with only a few flowers and then again in July with many more blooms and setting more fruit. Any idea why that happens?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dwarf navel

This is not unusual in young trees to have off-cycle blooms. Once your tree matures, this will settle down. But, you can still have some off-cycling blooming, especially if you've had odd temperature swings during the year (like an abnormally warm winter, as we did last year).

Patty S.

o

Citrus bloom by day length and soil temperature; if you have consistently warm soil, as we do in the tropics, most citrus will bloom more than once per year... and my Cara Cara navels seem to bloom all year, or at least every time I feed them.

o

Thanks, that explains it. We did have a very warm winter this year in California.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here