Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My calamondin orange tree not blooming!

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 24, 09 at 14:26

Mine is very healthy,full, lucious, green, and yet I havn't been able to get that thing to bloom like it was when I bought it two years ago. Sheesh, at one point when it did bloom, I counted 10 flowers and mine is almost 3 feet tall and 3 feet wide...:-( Those blossom were barely scented either..

Notice that I haven't yet posted a picture of this tree in full bloom..I wish I could...

Who know what this could be? Is it just the nature of the beast?

Now that thing is not worth my time to go indoors at in house this winter taking up room, when all my other citrus just love to bloom....Off to my work she goes...

I have the feeling that this tree does noy like me...;-(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My calamondin orange tree not blooming!

Nature of the beast. I know in other threads you indicated that your citrus were all quick to bloom and fruit.

You made many of us feel inadequate ;)

If the tree is healthy looking it will fruit, when it's ready.

Sometimes it takes longer than we would like for it to be ready.

o
RE: My calamondin orange tree not blooming!

Thanks justaguy!

That's is what I figured...It is one that has never givin me a problem, even all winter, but dang if I can get it to blossom..

After all correct ways with growing this baby that I have learned from you all, it IS the nature of the beast...
Nothing I am doing wrong.No magic potions, and high middle number fertilizers..lol
Like buying an affectionate cat in the begining, then finding it wants nothing to do with you once mature, no matter how much treats you give it..lol

Take care..:-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here